Biden calls Pres Trump a FOOL - read about WHOM is the REAL FOOL!
Flyguy
2020-05-28 05:10:39 UTC
Post by a surgeon:

MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years (aka me) teach you about MASKS. COVID 19 virus particle size averages 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns; one needs an electron microscope to see a COVID 19 virus particle. The hoarded N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virons (virus particles). This is a simple fact, so you just cannot argue against it. Other surgical masks, home-made masks and kerchiefs do the following: 1) they allow free passage both ways (in and out) of COVID 19 virons. 2) they become a warm, damp or moist reservoir of COVID 19 particles in asymptomatic "carriers" (estimated to be 85% of all people tested). For surgeons, years of training, intimidation, and humiliation teach us to touch NOTHING but our surgical field. Lay people constantly touch, re-arrange, and manipulate their "masks", wonderfully inoculating thousands of virus particles onto their bare or (even worse, gloved) hands. So, these absurd masks ENCOURAGE the fomite transmission ("infected" articles-to-hand-to-face transmission of the virus). So, go ahead and allow idiots to delude and mislead you to the false sense of security--and danger--of masks!
Ricketty C
2020-05-28 06:02:12 UTC
Post by Flyguy
[...]
Of course anyone can argue against the things you say, because you don't understand much of anything. The argument you present is full of wrong information and on top of that, you fail to understand what they need to block.

The viruses are not emitted as individual particles. They are contained in Flügge droplets of sizes much larger than any individual virus. The masks stop these Flügge droplets very effectively... in both directions.

So please stop spreading junk information. It's actually harmful to anyone knowledgeable enough to believe you.

All you need to do is read a bit. You will learn. It's actually fun! Try it!

In many ways you are lucky. You are lucky that ignorance is not a capital crime.
--
Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Pimpom
2020-05-28 09:14:20 UTC
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Flyguy
[...]
Even if viruses were expelled directly and a virus is smaller
than the holes in a mask, it doesn't mean that they will all pass
through. Many of them will hit the material between the pores and
stick there. Better to catch some than none.

The soil in my region is mostly clay. The fine dust particles are
much smaller than the spaces between the strands of ordinary
cloth. Yet, if I have to carry dust sweeping through my living
room and I have nothing better, I'd rather carry it with cloth
than let it blow throug
j***@gmail.com
2020-05-28 10:45:26 UTC
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ricketty C
2020-05-28 18:13:00 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
It is? Tell that to NYC or New Orleans! Tell that to the 100,000 families of those who died from this disease in the US.

It's more like driving a car if there were no speed limits. Some people take it seriously and drive a safe speed. They arrive at their destination eventually and safely. Others insist this is a free country and drive at whatever speed they want causing excessive death and injuries. If this country had taken the virus seriously we would be over the hump and actually ready to open back up without a lot more deaths. But instead we are still losing a thousand people per day! Now the expectation is that we may have low infection rates by mid July.

For me the worst part is that being a "free" country means anyone can spew all the BS they want and we can't stop them. But at least on Twitter we can fact check them!

bitrex
2020-05-28 19:01:13 UTC
Post by Ricketty C
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
I think some Americans think the "freedom" to die in a car crash is
being "free" I don't think that's what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
bitrex
2020-05-28 19:06:40 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ever hear the expression "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees?"

The response I like is "Who gives a shit what you want to die for, pal."
My grandfathers fought the Revolution and since I appear to be here at
the moment some of them at least got the best of both worlds.

Guys with death-wishes are tits on a bull.
bitrex
2020-05-28 19:15:18 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ever hear the expression "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees?"
The response I like is "Who gives a shit what you want to die for, pal."
My grandfathers fought the Revolution and since I appear to be here at
the moment some of them at least got the best of both worlds.
Guys with death-wishes are tits on a bull.
At least I wouldn't blame the general if he put those guys in the first
wave, you gotta match people with jobs appropriate to what they believe
their skill-set is.
Michael Terrell
2020-05-28 20:41:39 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ever hear the expression "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees?"
The response I like is "Who gives a shit what you want to die for, pal."
My grandfathers fought the Revolution and since I appear to be here at
the moment some of them at least got the best of both worlds.
Guys with death-wishes are tits on a bull.
They fought against the Revolution? Are you bragging that they were traitors?

The fact that you are here proves nothing, since most of the Revolutionaries weren't young boys. They had to supply their own weapons, food and other items. Young men didn't have the means to meet the requirements. OTOH, young men could be married and have kids with little or no money.

Guys with a death wish are drug addicts and Alcoholics, not warriors. The clueless with no direction to their lives have death wishes, as well.
bitrex
2020-05-28 21:53:59 UTC
Post by Michael Terrell
Post by bitrex
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ever hear the expression "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees?"
The response I like is "Who gives a shit what you want to die for, pal."
My grandfathers fought the Revolution and since I appear to be here at
the moment some of them at least got the best of both worlds.
Guys with death-wishes are tits on a bull.
They fought against the Revolution? Are you bragging that they were traitors?
Pfft no, George W. Bush is a distant cousin, Barbara and I had a common
great-great-grandmother.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Coe_(colonist)>
Dime-a-dozen
Michael Terrell
2020-05-29 19:31:58 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by Michael Terrell
Post by bitrex
Post by j***@gmail.com
Moot point. Driving a car is more dangerous than this punk ass shit.
Ever hear the expression "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees?"
The response I like is "Who gives a shit what you want to die for, pal."
My grandfathers fought the Revolution and since I appear to be here at
the moment some of them at least got the best of both worlds.
Guys with death-wishes are tits on a bull.
They fought against the Revolution? Are you bragging that they were traitors?
Pfft no, George W. Bush is a distant cousin, Barbara and I had a common
great-great-grandmother.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Coe_(colonist)>
What does that have to do with you being unable to think? What does a 'Distant Cousin have to do with you being so stupid? As always, you change the subject, when challenged with the truth.
Morons aren't wort a penny per billion. You fabricate mosters, then try to pass them of as reality. A loser like you would never survive Basic, let alone serve your country. I'm sure that your ancestors would be disgusted with how you turned out.
Flyguy
Then Sleepy Joe is DOUBLY the FOOL because Pres. Trump was tested and is COVID FREE - him wearing a mask is ABSURD!!!
David Brown
2020-05-28 12:16:02 UTC
Post by Flyguy
MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years (aka me) teach you about
MASKS. COVID 19 virus particle size averages 125 nanometers (0.125
microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns; one needs an
electron microscope to see a COVID 19 virus particle. The hoarded N95
mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any,
virons (virus particles). This is a simple fact, so you just cannot
argue against it.
Of course it can be argued against, because it is wrong - it shows a
total misunderstanding of what masks do, how they work, how particles
are captured in a mask, and so on.

Others have pointed out that the virus particles are generally enclosed
in fluid droplets and are not free-floating virons.

But even if they were, these masks filter smaller particles /better/.
The N95 qualification tests are carried out at 0.3 microns because that
is their /worst/ point - they filter far smaller particles. Tests I
have seen show them filtering 7 nm particles with almost 100% efficiency
- that was the smallest size they tested.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIOSH_air_filtration_rating>

A surgeon may know when to wear a mask, and which mask to wear - that
does not mean he/she knows how they work or what they actually do.
Post by Flyguy
Other surgical masks, home-made masks and kerchiefs
do the following: 1) they allow free passage both ways (in and out)
of COVID 19 virons.
But not free passage out of the droplets containing viruses.

Simple masks are far from 100% effective, but they reduce the risk of a
person spreading the disease, and they reduce the distance they are
likely to spread it. (They have much smaller effect on reducing the
risk of /getting/ the disease.)

They also offer psychological benefits as an immediate and unavoidable
reminder to keep distances.
Post by Flyguy
2) they become a warm, damp or moist reservoir of
COVID 19 particles in asymptomatic "carriers" (estimated to be 85% of
all people tested).
Estimated - but not proven. There have been, to my knowledge, /no/ good
studies showing that there are significant spreading risk from people
with no or little symptoms. That would be in line with what we know of
other upper respiratory tract infections - they spread mainly by sneezes
and coughs sending droplets with the virus that land on surfaces, where
other people pick them up by hand and transfer them to their faces.
Post by Flyguy
For surgeons, years of training, intimidation,
and humiliation teach us to touch NOTHING but our surgical field. Lay
people constantly touch, re-arrange, and manipulate their "masks",
wonderfully inoculating thousands of virus particles onto their bare
or (even worse, gloved) hands. So, these absurd masks ENCOURAGE the
fomite transmission ("infected" articles-to-hand-to-face transmission
of the virus). So, go ahead and allow idiots to delude and mislead
you to the false sense of security--and danger--of masks!
There is a serious risk of this, yes. If you are infected and have
dampened your mask with coughed droplets containing virons, then you
touch that mask and then touch other surfaces, you will contribute to
the spreading of the disease. This argument was why the general public
was not recommended to wear masks of any kind at the beginning. And it
is also why one of the prime three messages that people have been given
was to avoid touching your face (along with keeping a 2m distance and
washing your hands well and regularly). As things have progressed, and
people have become better (not perfect, but better) at not touching
their face, the considered scientific opinion is that in places where
infection rates are higher, and people are closer, then a mask is a good
idea on overall balance. But you should not wear one when there are
good distances between people (to avoid dampening it).
D***@decadence.org
Thank you, David.
b***@gmail.com
2020-05-28 20:54:02 UTC
Post by Flyguy
[...]
None of that applies to surgical or cloth masks.

"Surgical masks are not designed for use as particulate respirators and do not provide as much protection as an N-95 respirator. Most surgical masks do not effectively filter small particles from air and do not prevent leakage around the edge of the mask when the user inhales."

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/factsheets/respsars.html
D***@decadence.org
2020-05-28 12:22:48 UTC
Post by Flyguy
[...]
You a surgeon? Yeah, right. If that is true, what was it that
caused you to be such a dishonorable jackass?
A spittle mask, aka surgeons mask is ONLY there to block spittle
and microdroplets. It was NEVER touted as 100% effective, nothing
short of a class 4 bunny suit is.

The masks are so that a person's personal release is diminsihed.
Breath cloud without mask is unmitigated, you dopey dumbfuck.
Your personal breath cloud WITH a spittle mask while you are in
public spaces DOES mitigate a great percentage of the micro-droplets,
nerly all in fact.

The virus size is for a single virus element. The micro-droplets
your spittle releases causes it to become suspended in the air
withing those droplets. Droplets the masks DO capture, you bent
brained idiot.

The mask DOES capture that. It capture what comes out when you
speak too. That spittle is even more. Cough or sneeze or speak
exuberantly or yell as that of a sport event, etc. the spittle
release is even worse.

So YES, they DO mitigate to spread to a GREAT degree, you putz.

Medical workers wear N95 maskes because they are in standing which
has infected person's breath clouds in it. That mask if sealed to
the face well, DOES capture all but your precious single particle
size, which is not how this is carried.

They need the N95 masks, and WE need to use the spittle masks.

IF you were ever a surgeon, as you say, you have forgotten what you
were instructed on (over 30 years ago), and you certainly lost
whatever knowledge you may have had that allows you to expound as if
to be an expert.

Walking around in public closed spaces without a mask makes you a
potential spreader. The masks are to protect others from you. Not
to protect you from others. Damn you are stupid, boy.

Somebody put a fly on your skull, unzipped it and plucked your
brain out, punk. ZipperHead. Oh wait.. I see, that you are not
claiming to be a surgeon... OK... Yeah, that one was not going down
with much credibility. Yer still a lame motherfucker though, and
that surgeon failed to note that the spittle you emit is much larger
than single virus cells, and single virus cells are not floating
about live. They are all suspended within larger droplet pasrticles.

And it was explained here by one of our science guys months ago.
When I tried to say the same thing the doc said, because I saw the
viron size. I do not know if it has Hobbs or Brown or whom it was,
but he got it right. The masks do not filter down to the actual
viron size, because the virons are not floating around live (read wet
and happy) in singular form.
Bill Sloman
2020-05-28 13:48:25 UTC
Post by Flyguy
MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years (aka me) teach you about MASKS. COVID 19 virus particle size averages 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns; one needs an electron microscope to see a COVID 19 virus particle.
As has been pointed out here before. We don't expel bare virus particles when we cough or sneeze, but droplet of mucus which can include virus particles.

The droplet are a whole bigger, Phil Hobbs - who has designed systems measure aerosol particle size distributions - spelled that out.
Post by Flyguy
The hoarded N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virons (virus particles).
Wrong.
Post by Flyguy
This is a simple fact, so you just cannot argue against it.
It is an irrelevant fact, so we don't have to bother.
Post by Flyguy
Other surgical masks, home-made masks and kerchiefs do the following: 1) they allow free passage both ways (in and out) of COVID 19 virons.
Actually, they don't.

2) they become a warm, damp or moist reservoir of COVID 19 particles in asymptomatic "carriers" (estimated to be 85% of all people tested).

The estimate is probably wrong. People do seem to be infectious before they have visible symptoms, and perhaps as many as 30% of people who get infected mount an effective immune response before the infection is bad enough for them to show develop visible symptoms, and can be briefly infectious without ever goin on to exhibit the disease or get tested for it.

And the mask may become a reservoir of virus particles without ever being tapped. It's would be hard for a virus particle trapped in mask to get away to infect anybody who didn't actually touch the mask.

<snipped the usual surgeon delusions of competence>

Sadly Trump isn't a fool. He is ill-informed and dangerous, but it is his skill at presenting himself and persuading his followers that he knows what he is taking about that makes him dangerous.

Flyguy really is a fool, so he is much less less of a threat.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Flyguy
2020-05-29 06:14:50 UTC
Post by Flyguy
[...]
Bill SL0W MAN, Sydney
Hey SL0W MAN, you are the FOOL because Trump is TESTED to be COVID FREE: you can't emit virons YOU DON'T HAVE, FOOL!
Bill Sloman
2020-05-29 08:39:49 UTC
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
Sadly Trump isn't a fool. He is ill-informed and dangerous, but it is his skill at presenting himself and persuading his followers that he knows what he is taking about that makes him dangerous.
Flyguy really is a fool, so he is much less less of a threat.
Hey Sloman, you are the FOOL because Trump is TESTED to be COVID FREE: you can't emit virons YOU DON'T HAVE, FOOL!
On the other hand Trump can pick virus-loaded droplets from other people who haven't been so lucky, which would suggest - to somebody who knew what was going on - that he ought to wear a mask.

I'm all in favour of him getting Covid-19 - a fat guy of his age has an excellent chance of dying of it. The fact that he is taking hydroxychloroquine does make it even more likely that he would die if he got it, if the clinical trial results are to be taken seriously.

It is unfortunate that his death would be required to make it obvious that Covid-19 is a potentially fatal disease.

His dimmer supporters (such as Fluguy) aren't taking the disease seriously enough, and a celebrity death would seem to be about the only way of getting their attention.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@gmail.com
2020-05-29 13:46:57 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
I'm pretty sure he's on something. There are a bunch of viral replication inhibitors out there unavailable to the general public or not approved for use as prophylaxis. The president can access anything.
Post by Bill Sloman
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bill Sloman
2020-05-29 14:27:10 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
But what he is doing is taking hydroxychloroquine, which is bizarre.

He might be able to access anything, but he'd have to be told about it before even he'd risk taking it, and Trump doesn't have a long attention span.

One clinical trial of viral replication inhibitor - remdesivir - didn't look all that promising.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736%2820%2931022-9

The authors thought that it might have worked slightly better if they had started the treatment earlier.

Apparently there's been another trial that was a bit more promising

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/remdesivir-and-covid-19-what-gps-need-to-know

but the drug does produce some adverse reactions, so you'd need to be pretty sick to risk it.

Fat chance of explaining that to Donald Trump.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@gmail.com
2020-05-29 16:19:00 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
There's nothing new about the concept of PrEP. Gilead developed Truvada for HIV which has been in wide use for about 15 years and is 99% effective in preventing infection. It's in process of being trialed for COVID-19 but even Gilead has publicly stated they don't have high hopes it will work. That just means they need to develop a new one tailored for COVID-19. The anti-virals tend to be toxic, so these drugs, if they ever become available, will probably only be prescribed for people at high risk for developing severe symptoms from the COVID infection. And they're not cheap so I don't expect the insurance industry will cover them unless it can be justified by avoiding the huge expense of keeping someone hospitalized in ICU on a ventilator for 45 days. Avoiding that makes the cost of the drug look cheap.
Post by Bill Sloman
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Ricketty C
2020-05-29 18:23:47 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
No, he's not taking it. He took it for a week or two after some staff members were found to be infected, which was under supervision of his doctor. Since then he has stopped taking it, very likely by suggestion of his doctor. Why take the risk if the two weeks have gone by sine exposure?

Trump is not as dumb as he acts.

bitrex
2020-05-29 18:52:30 UTC
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Hope they up the dose of Thorazine to counteract whatever psychological
side-effects prophylactic anti-viral therapy is having on him, doesn't
look like they did though.
boB
2020-05-29 19:31:08 UTC
On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Well, we could debate how smart or dumb Trump is BUT there is some
possible evidence to hydroxychloroquine being of some help if you take
it early on. This particular study shows that it is NOT helpful if
you are already in the ICU stages.

Ricketty C
2020-05-29 20:20:31 UTC
Post by boB
On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
http://youtu.be/WZq-K1wpur8
France had the early report of success in a rather informal study. Now France has banned the drug for treating COVID patients.

I think that speaks volumes. Reading every day what idiocy the President utters depresses me. He seems to be shooting himself in the foot lately with his tweets about mail-in ballots, rioting in Minneapolis and Twitter itself. His popularity seems to be dropping although it is still inside the 40% to 44% range it has been in during much of his Presidency.

He does seem to becoming rather unhinged when Twitter flagged his tweets. His executive order doesn't seem to actually do much. The President can't make law, that's Congress's job. So his hands are pretty tied there.

As the virus situation worsens he likely will become more and more unhinged. We will see...

bitrex
2020-05-29 22:07:04 UTC
Post by Ricketty C
Post by boB
On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
But he is bad at following thru on his threats. His fans want those
black rioters shot up and cut down. Why are they still running around
and not dead?

Americans don't forgive weakness
Ricketty C
2020-05-29 22:47:28 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by Ricketty C
Post by boB
On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Right, wait, what? You mean no one likes Charlie Brown? They were all rooting for Lucy?

+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
bitrex
2020-05-30 00:34:01 UTC
Post by Ricketty C
Post by bitrex
Post by Ricketty C
Post by boB
On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:23:47 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C
Post by Ricketty C
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
""[He] must be the one who suffers because he is a caricature of the
average person. Most of us are much more acquainted with losing than
winning." - Charles Schulz

"Who Rebels? Who rises in arms? Rarely the slave, but almost always the
oppressor turned slave." - Emil Cioran, "History and Utopia"
John Robertson
2020-05-29 19:10:47 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
What is a bit bizarre is that on this particular item you appear to
believe him.

I strongly suspect he is happily playing the stock market and making $$
of his pronouncements. Why else is he shutting down all the internal
investigations of the US Gov, and refusing to show his income tax results.

Follow the money - if you can!

John :-#(#
bitrex
2020-05-29 19:22:49 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
On the turning away, from the pale and downtrodden

And the germs they spray which they don't understand
Flyguy
2020-05-30 19:46:45 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]

EVERYONE that is in the vicinity of the President is tested, which you FORGOT to mention. Furthermore, the general wearing of masks is a pointless exercise:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks

N95 Respirators
An N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles.

The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles. If properly fitted, the filtration capabilities of N95 respirators exceed those of face masks. However, even a properly fitted N95 respirator does not completely eliminate the risk of illness or death.

===========

So, they don't even block ALL of the 0.3 micron virons, let alone ANYTHING smaller, and 0.06 micron is MUCH smaller. And, then, they MUST be worn properly, and most people can't even do that.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/health/improper-use-of-medical-masks-can-cause-infections-/1766676

"We use it only in intensive care while caring for these patients; it is unnecessary for the citizen to use it under any circumstances.

"In order to use those special masks the medical staff are trained and educated, so it is important that the masks are worn properly," Azap said. "I see people wearing the N95 in planes and airports and I have never seen a single person wearing it right!"

Wearing of masks has, at best, a psychological effect for the vast majority of people. Now, I AM NOT going to wish you a "quick death by painful means" because your greatest punishment is living with yourself.
Jasen Betts
2020-05-30 20:38:26 UTC
Post by Flyguy
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
That's a lie, It's wrong, you've been told it's wrong, and yet you're
persisting with it.

They work better than 95% with smaller particles due to brownian motion.
Jasen.
three_jeeps
2020-06-02 15:35:06 UTC
Post by Jasen Betts
Post by Flyguy
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Precisely. He is behaving like a true 'trumper'...don't confuse my reality with facts.
The trumpian approach to the world: Anything proven to be a fact is relabled as 'fake'...ergo, all is happy in the trump world.
Would you like a shot of clorox with hydroxychloroquine fearless leader?
Bill Sloman
2020-05-31 02:30:39 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Hey Sloman,
EVERYONE that is in the vicinity of the President is tested, which you FORGOT to mention.
That helps, but you won't test positive until after you have reached the point where you can infect other people. It isn't any kind of absolute protection.
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks
N95 Respirators
An N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles.
The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles. If properly fitted, the filtration capabilities of N95 respirators exceed those of face masks. However, even a properly fitted N95 respirator does not completely eliminate the risk of illness or death.
===========
So, they don't even block ALL of the 0.3 micron virons, let alone ANYTHING smaller, and 0.06 micron is MUCH smaller.
As we keep telling you, the virus particles are small, but they get spread in small droplets of mucus, which are quite a bit larger. The masks are effective at catching these droplets. They also have quite a lot of surface area and capture smaller particles (which stick to the surface) even if they don't block them.
And, then, they MUST be worn properly, and most people can't even do that.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/health/improper-use-of-medical-masks-can-cause-infections-/1766676
"We use it only in intensive care while caring for these patients; it is unnecessary for the citizen to use it under any circumstances.
There aren't enough of them available to make this an option.
"In order to use those special masks the medical staff are trained and educated, so it is important that the masks are worn properly," Azap said. "I see people wearing the N95 in planes and airports and I have never seen a single person wearing it right!"
Somebody who has invested a lot in getting people to wear the masks exactly right is going to say that.
Wearing of masks has, at best, a psychological effect for the vast majority of people. Now, I AM NOT going to wish you a "quick death by painful means" because your greatest punishment is living with yourself.
Flyguy has an endless stock of silly ideas.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Flyguy
SL0W MAN is a fount of stupidity - this is from EXPERTS, which SL0W MAN IS NOT one of. Even WHO says that masks do very little good.
Bill Sloman
2020-06-11 09:54:32 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by Bill Sloman
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Sloman is a fount of stupidity
Another of Flyguy's eneldess stock of silly ideas.
- this is from EXPERTS, which Sloman is not one of.
Flyguy can't actually understand what the experts are telling him, and retails what he thinks they said. He'd have better luck if he cited what thye actually said, but not all that much better - he'd cited a piece of text which reflected what he understood, leaving out extra the bit that was required for more complete (and useful) understanding.
Even WHO says that masks do very little good.
Cite? Masks aren't complete protection, but they do provide some, and Flyguy's basic idea - that the virus particles are much smaller than the holes in the masks, rather misses the point that we don't run into isolated virus particles, but rather virus particles floating around in droplets of mucus.

He gets told about this from time to time, but is too dim to get the message.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
D***@decadence.org
2020-06-11 23:07:34 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by Bill Sloman
On Friday, May 29, 2020 at 1:39:54 AM UTC-7, Bill Sloman
Post by Bill Sloman
On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 6:48:31 AM UTC-7, Bill
<snip>
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by Bill Sloman
His dimmer supporters (such as Fluguy) aren't taking the
disease se
riously enough, and a celebrity death would seem to be about the
only way of getting their attention.
Hey Sloman,
==========
Post by Bill Sloman
[...]
Absolutely true. When someone has their head a mile up Trump's ass,
they are blinded. Although in flytard's case, he was an absolute
utter retard long before he let the criminal of the century
TrumpNotize© his stupid ass.

j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
2020-05-29 15:45:13 UTC
On Thu, 28 May 2020 23:14:50 -0700 (PDT), Flyguy
Post by Flyguy
Post by Flyguy
[...]
Please stop entertaining Sloman.
--
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Science teaches us to doubt.

Claude Bernard
bitrex
2020-05-28 15:12:51 UTC
Post by Flyguy
For surgeons, years of training, intimidation, and humiliation teach us
Lol, what surgery school was this, Trump Medical Academy?

If it took him that long to learn to learn to follow operating theater
clean-room procedure imagine how long it took to learn the surgery-part
j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
2020-05-28 16:03:14 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by Flyguy
For surgeons, years of training, intimidation, and humiliation teach us
Lol, what surgery school was this, Trump Medical Academy?
If it took him that long to learn to learn to follow operating theater
clean-room procedure imagine how long it took to learn the surgery-part
What do you do, beside sneering? Have you saved any lives lately?

Claude Bernard
bitrex
2020-05-28 18:24:33 UTC
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Post by bitrex
Post by Flyguy
For surgeons, years of training, intimidation, and humiliation teach us
Lol, what surgery school was this, Trump Medical Academy?
If it took him that long to learn to learn to follow operating theater
clean-room procedure imagine how long it took to learn the surgery-part
What do you do, beside sneering? Have you saved any lives lately?
I'm interested in what form this "intimidation and humiliation" took.
Was it the Glengarry Glen Ross school of medicine? Or was it just like
John Larkin-style rhetorical questions?

bitrex
2020-05-28 18:26:08 UTC
http://youtu.be/elrnAl6ygeM
Get mad, you sons of bitches! Get mad!
John Robertson
2020-05-28 19:07:52 UTC
Post by Flyguy
MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years (aka me) teach you about MASKS.
Followup by other doctors and people who know what they are talking about:

https://theheartysoul.com/why-telling-people-they-dont-need-masks-backfired/

John
Sylvia Else
2020-06-11 04:57:06 UTC
"WHOM"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection

Sylvia.
Flyguy
2020-06-11 05:22:03 UTC
LOL! Are you as stupid as SL0W MAN? WHO is the World Health Organization, not a pronoun.
Tom Gardner
2020-06-11 06:17:47 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.

A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.

Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Ricketty C
2020-06-11 07:06:39 UTC
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.
A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.
Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Those WHO bang a drum...

bitrex
2020-06-11 07:47:19 UTC
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.
A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.
Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Putting nuclear launch codes in a Donald Trump's hands is about as
sensible as letting "Flyguy" or "John Doe" run NORAD.
bitrex
2020-06-11 07:52:52 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.
A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.
Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Putting nuclear launch codes in a Donald Trump's hands is about as
sensible as letting "Flyguy" or "John Doe" run NORAD.
Hopefully some smart cookie in the DOD prepared an intimidating-looking
locking aluminum suitcase with a Lite Bright in it and told him that was
the control panel and should hang on to it.

Tom Gardner
2020-06-11 08:42:22 UTC
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.
A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.
Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Putting nuclear launch codes in a Donald Trump's hands is about as sensible as
letting "Flyguy" or "John Doe" run NORAD.
Trump's hero, Nixon, reportedly ordered a nuke strike
on N Vietnam. The relevant generals delayed implementing
the order until he was sober the next morning.

Trump doesn't have drunkenness as an excuse, of course.
Ricketty C
2020-06-11 08:50:13 UTC
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Tom Gardner
Post by Sylvia Else
"WHOM"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection
Smirk.
A good rule of thumb is that those that bang a drum about
something often don't know as much about it as they think
they do.
Flyguy is a poor old-skool troll, no more, no less.
Best ignored, however tempting it is to point out the
nonsense they spout.
Putting nuclear launch codes in a Donald Trump's hands is about as sensible as
letting "Flyguy" or "John Doe" run NORAD.
Trump's hero, Nixon, reportedly ordered a nuke strike
on N Vietnam. The relevant generals delayed implementing
the order until he was sober the next morning.
Trump doesn't have drunkenness as an excuse, of course.
I think the proximity to the White House is the only reason he didn't nuke the DC protestors. Good thing he wasn't a Mar-a-lago.

Jasen Betts
2020-06-11 06:41:23 UTC
Post by Flyguy
MASKS! Folks, let a surgeon of 30 years (aka me) teach you about MASKS.
Why would I want to absorb your ignorance?
Post by Flyguy
COVID 19 virus particle size averages 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns; one needs an electron microscope to see a COVID 19 virus particle.
The hoarded N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns.
Demonstrating your ignorance: below 0.3 microns N95 filters are more than 95% effective.
Post by Flyguy
So, N95 masks block few, if any, virons (virus particles). This is a simple fact, so you just cannot argue against it.
Watch me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIOSH_air_filtration_rating#NIOSH_classifications