OT: Political manipulation on Google YouTube
John Doe
2018-09-16 02:52:11 UTC
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably using
a bot.

This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by providing
obvious counter examples, but the upvote count inflation appears to
be for liberal posts only.

Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...

At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.

The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
bitrex
2018-09-16 03:16:53 UTC
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
it's called "selection bias" everyone knows MSNBC has a left-bias, most
of the people watching their vids will not be right wing they're all off
watching Fox and Alex Jones.

also Ted Cruz is a total goomba I don't think you have to be
particularly left to dislike the guy. he's not president for a reason
that reason is he sucks a lot more than Trump and has the charisma of a
waterlogged Canadian goose.

He kisses Trump's ass for a living now which might be appealing to Trump
but IMO seems kind of slimy and gutless to any man born with a set of
testicles.
John Doe
2018-09-16 03:29:47 UTC
The poster's bias is obvious.

My judgment comes from knowing about the voting system on YouTube.
The discrepancy I am pointing out is not "selection bias". A few
vote counts are MASSIVELY overblown. It is a recent trend. The
poster needs to learn something about the subject, first.

I asked for counterexamples... That is the poster's opportunity to
debunk my post. But it knows nothing about the subject, therefore it
cannot. All it can do is spew simplistic generalities.
testicles.
bitrex
2018-09-16 03:51:13 UTC
Post by John Doe
The poster's bias is obvious.
My judgment comes from knowing about the voting system on YouTube.
The discrepancy I am pointing out is not "selection bias". A few
vote counts are MASSIVELY overblown. It is a recent trend. The
poster needs to learn something about the subject, first.
I asked for counterexamples... That is the poster's opportunity to
debunk my post. But it knows nothing about the subject, therefore it
cannot. All it can do is spew simplistic generalities.
Without actual statistical analysis using real math your guess as to
malfeasance, or not, is as good as mine.

Automated upvote-rigging and "score manipulation" is not undetectable,
there are actually quants who get paid big money to suss stuff like that
out wrt say golf club handicap-cheating among club members where club
membership costs are in the mid five to six figures anually.

at the moment no "debunking" is required though as you're looking for
zebras in what can adequately be explained by horses.

It's the kind of thing that's proved to some confidence thru statistical
analysis not disproved by "counterexample." You say you have intimate
knowledge of the voting system that others don't have and I don't know
it in the fashion that you do which may very well be true. So if anyone
can do it it's you
bitrex
2018-09-16 04:12:03 UTC
Post by John Doe
All it can do is spew simplistic generalities.
"it stoles it from us" lol

Cursitor Doom
2018-09-16 14:29:38 UTC
Post by John Doe
The poster's bias is obvious.
My judgment comes from knowing about the voting system on YouTube. The
discrepancy I am pointing out is not "selection bias". A few vote counts
are MASSIVELY overblown. It is a recent trend. The poster needs to learn
something about the subject, first.
We had this very same thing on the run-up to the Brexit referendum.
Someone gained control of the Daily Mail's comments ratings and went mad
up-voting all the anti-Brexit comments. It was so obvious there was
gerrymandering going on by the sheer size of the upvote numbers,
especially since the vast majority of Mail readers were and remain
heavily pro-Brexit!
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 04:47:24 UTC
Post by Cursitor Doom
Post by John Doe
The poster's bias is obvious.
My judgment comes from knowing about the voting system on YouTube. The
discrepancy I am pointing out is not "selection bias". A few vote counts
are MASSIVELY overblown. It is a recent trend. The poster needs to learn
something about the subject, first.
We had this very same thing on the run-up to the Brexit referendum.
Someone gained control of the Daily Mail's comments ratings and went mad
up-voting all the anti-Brexit comments. It was so obvious there was
gerrymandering going on by the sheer size of the upvote numbers,
especially since the vast majority of Mail readers were and remain
heavily pro-Brexit!
What Cursitor Doom means is that anti-Brexit minority of Mail readers were particularly active.

He's not got a shred of evidence that they were cheating (any more than John Doe has about the results that he doesn't like) but is equally resentful of the fact that some people have the temerity not to share his demented point of view.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-17 06:53:14 UTC
The village idiot...
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!feeder.erje.net!1.eu.feeder.erje.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!85.12.16.69.MISMATCH!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!z10-v6no1509298qtb.0!news-out.google.com!i36-v6ni847qti.0!nntp.google.com!z10-v6no1509287qtb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 21:47:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: Political manipulation on Google YouTube
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 07:16:36 UTC
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 21:47:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
Post by Cursitor Doom
Post by John Doe
[...]
John Doe, who can't even learn to bottom post, thinks he can pass on his status as the village idiot. Pity about that. It's a designation he has earned, rather than an award he can hand on.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Tim Williams
2018-09-16 06:59:00 UTC
Counter-counterpoint:

So, what, you can't imagine that any community, let alone one as big as
YouTube, might itself have a "liberal" bias?

Lord forbid you should ever step into a huge community like Reddit...

Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
John Doe
2018-09-16 07:55:14 UTC
I am not talking about the community, I am talking about cheating,
possibly committed by Google employees. Most of us who use the
comment sections would not consider Google employees to be part of
the community. The cheating is not an Earth shattering offense, it
is equivalent to pollsters intentionally misstating the chance of a
candidate winning. Just something to take note of.

Our mega social media companies should avoid discriminating against
viewpoint.

I have been on USENET for decades. I can handle anything on the
Internet. I'm not just complaining, I am spreading the word. Does
not matter how oppressive the cannibal left becomes, we will
persevere. And in the end, through no fault of our own really, we
will win.
Tim Williams
2018-09-16 12:58:43 UTC
Post by John Doe
I am not talking about the community, I am talking about cheating,
possibly committed by Google employees.
Alright. Present your evidence that it happened. Show the bot code, or
footage of the employees pressing the thumbs-up buttons.

If the only evidence you have is that there's a high ranked comment on a
video, surely even you must agree that's rather tenuous coincidence at best?
Post by John Doe
Most of us who use the
comment sections would not consider Google employees to be part of
the community.
Ha, I bet you think government is independent from the marketplace, too!...
Post by John Doe
The cheating is not an Earth shattering offense, it
is equivalent to pollsters intentionally misstating the chance of a
candidate winning. Just something to take note of.
Depends, who paid to conduct the poll? :-)
Post by John Doe
Our mega social media companies should avoid discriminating against
viewpoint.
In fact they go to great lengths to do so. They could be considerably more
arbitrary in their actions, and still fall well within community
expectations (i.e., not lose significant views).

But, for some reason, advertisers don't like to show their promotions over
unpleasant, controversial or violent content.

Don't like it? Talk to the advertisers.

Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
John Doe
2018-09-16 14:34:02 UTC
I already presented convincing evidence, to anyone who is familiar
with the subject. This poster is not familiar with the subject. The
suggestion I presented only "a high ranked comment" is an obvious
troll...
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 04:56:39 UTC
Post by John Doe
I already presented convincing evidence, to anyone who is familiar
with the subject.
Evidence convincing to John Doe, which is to say, in line with his irrational prejudices.
Post by John Doe
This poster is not familiar with the subject.
They are sane, and couldn't care less about it.
Post by John Doe
The suggestion I presented only "a high ranked comment" is an obvious
troll...
Says the obvious troll. Get back under your bridge - you outed yourself long ago.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-16 15:27:13 UTC
Post by John Doe
I am not talking about the community, I am talking about cheating,
possibly committed by Google employees.
Alright.  Present your evidence that it happened.  Show the bot code, or
footage of the employees pressing the thumbs-up buttons.
If the only evidence you have is that there's a high ranked comment on a
video, surely even you must agree that's rather tenuous coincidence at best?
OP Fox Mulder just pissed nobody else saw the UFO. Pix or it didn't
happen, bitch...
Tim
t***@gmail.com
2018-09-16 13:15:22 UTC
Post by John Doe
Our mega social media companies should avoid discriminating against
viewpoint.
none of them do that.

NT
John Doe
2018-09-16 14:24:40 UTC
Right... And Peter Strzok didn't mean "media leak strategy" when he said
"media leak strategy".

And "Up" means "Down".
And the cow jumped over the moon.
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.albasani.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!z10-v6no1275605qtb.0!news-out.google.com!k67-v6ni466qte.1!nntp.google.com!z10-v6no1275602qtb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 06:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: tabbypurr gmail.com
time for your pills lad.
Cursitor Doom
2018-09-16 14:32:22 UTC
Post by John Doe
I have been on USENET for decades. I can handle anything on the
Internet. I'm not just complaining, I am spreading the word. Does not
matter how oppressive the cannibal left becomes, we will persevere. And
in the end, through no fault of our own really, we will win.
Our experience with Brexit proves that these attempts to manipulate
public opinion in this way simply don't work, so you really don't need to
worry about it.
John Doe
2018-09-16 14:47:10 UTC
Post by Cursitor Doom
Post by John Doe
I have been on USENET for decades. I can handle anything on the
Internet. I'm not just complaining, I am spreading the word. Does
not matter how oppressive the cannibal left becomes, we will
persevere. And in the end, through no fault of our own really, we
will win.
Our experience with Brexit proves that these attempts to
manipulate public opinion in this way simply don't work, so you
really don't need to worry about it.
Yep, no big deal. It's like pollsters intentionally misrepresenting
their data. They can say what they want but we will elect who we
want anyway.
Cursitor Doom
2018-09-16 15:16:57 UTC
Post by John Doe
Yep, no big deal. It's like pollsters intentionally misrepresenting
their data. They can say what they want but we will elect who we want
anyway.
They're just trying to appeal to the herd instinct, which is
(regrettably) a true phenomenon in mammals (except cats, of course :-))
but fiddling with comment ratings is simply too far removed; too abstract
to influence anyone in sufficient numbers to change their voting
intentions.
boB
2018-09-17 00:50:01 UTC
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
Post by Cursitor Doom
Post by John Doe
Yep, no big deal. It's like pollsters intentionally misrepresenting
their data. They can say what they want but we will elect who we want
anyway.
They're just trying to appeal to the herd instinct, which is
(regrettably) a true phenomenon in mammals (except cats, of course :-))
but fiddling with comment ratings is simply too far removed; too abstract
to influence anyone in sufficient numbers to change their voting
intentions.
Thumbs Up (or down?) can be bought on Youtube evidently.

So it doesn't have to be Youtube themselves doing it.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 04:53:31 UTC
Post by Cursitor Doom
Post by John Doe
I have been on USENET for decades. I can handle anything on the
Internet. I'm not just complaining, I am spreading the word. Does not
matter how oppressive the cannibal left becomes, we will persevere. And
in the end, through no fault of our own really, we will win.
Our experience with Brexit proves that these attempts to manipulate
public opinion in this way simply don't work, so you really don't need to
worry about it.
What Brexit proved was that right-wing lies are a lot more influential with gullible right-wing voters (like Cursitor Doom) than they would be if critical thinking (elementary lie detection) were taught in school.

The less critical elements of public opinion proved to be fatally vulnerable to downright lies (which Cursitor Doom doesn't notice, because he finds it comforting to believe that kind of lie).

https://www.independent.co.uk/infact/brexit-second-referendum-false-claims-eu-referendum-campaign-lies-fake-news-a8113381.html
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Chris
2018-09-17 08:38:47 UTC
Post by b***@ieee.org
What Brexit proved was that right-wing lies are a lot more influential
with gullible right-wing voters (like Cursitor Doom) than they would be
if critical thinking (elementary lie detection) were taught in school.
They won't be teaching critical thinking skills in schools - ever. They
know that sooner or later the kids would apply those skills in
questioning the Left-wing dogma that's constantly forced down their
throats. So massive own-goal LOL! }:-}
bitrex

Hi John! er I mean hi Chris! hi Steve! hi Larry!
b***@gmail.com
2018-09-16 09:54:29 UTC
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably using
a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by providing
obvious counter examples, but the upvote count inflation appears to
be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
Some godammed garbage does something this:

John Doe
2018-09-16 10:15:03 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably using
a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by providing
obvious counter examples, but the upvote count inflation appears to
be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
http://youtu.be/IrGsDKY5d28
That appears to be a simple script that uses your accounts or
subaccounts in succession. I do not know how many subaccounts are
allowed on YouTube accounts, but I doubt it's hundreds.
b***@gmail.com
If you generate enough business for them, it could be as many as 85,000. Everyone gets 80 to start, and even a modicum of income generation garners a user a few thousand more.
John Robertson
2018-09-16 22:22:03 UTC
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably using
a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by providing
obvious counter examples, but the upvote count inflation appears to
be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
You may be over-inflating this - look at how many people have watched
the interview (and thanks for giving the link) 320,900 people have
watched and they all have keyboards and can click "Like" for comments
that they agreed with. And note how many replies there are to these high
liked posters.

Your link had 320,900 views and 3.8k likes or 84:1

Ted Cruz got 46,700 views and 838 likes or 56:1 - in other words Mr.
Cruz did better with fewer viewers - is the right media inflating his
youtube postings?

I think you see what you want to see, but aren't doing the math - are
you sure you are an engineer?

John
bitrex
2018-09-16 22:31:51 UTC
http://youtu.be/ysy2xLQeHtk
Ted Cruz got 46,700 views and 838 likes or 56:1 - in other words Mr.
Cruz did better with fewer viewers - is the right media inflating his
youtube postings?
I think you see what you want to see, but aren't doing the math - are
you sure you are an engineer?
John
there are a thousand more nefarious ways a company with the resources of
YouTube/Google could manipulate an election he thinks they're using a
bot to upvote comments he doesn't like on YT. yeah. that's the clumsy
scheme they went with.
John Doe
2018-09-17 07:04:30 UTC
FWIW... This poster is lying about what I have said... I said it
MIGHT be a Google employee(s). If it is, it's more likely a
mischievous Google employee(s) instead of a calculated effort by
Google management.

Like "Cursitor Doom" said and I agree with, it's just annoying. If
it made any difference, all of the bullshit propaganda before (and
after) the election of Donald Trump as president of our United
States would have made a difference. But it didn't. It's like
"sticks and stones". Say what you will, but we will elect whoever we
want.

I am just pointing out not-quite-grown-up cannibal left antics.
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
scheme they went with.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 07:23:59 UTC
Post by John Doe
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 18:31:51 -0400
Post by John Robertson
Post by John Doe
[...]
In fact you ended up electing the guy the Russians wanted to win, by a very narrow margin - some 77,000 votes in three border-line states.

The Russians are known to have paid for some 3,500 Facebook ads, and posted some tens of thousand of troll posts, so the gullible bit of the US electorate has an excuse for their horrible error of judgement - the Russians had persuaded them that it was the right thing to do.

You've got to be as dumb as John Doe or Cursitor Doom to like the result.
Post by John Doe
I am just pointing out not-quite-grown-up cannibal left antics.
John Doe can't even learn to bottom post and he wants us to take his silly ideas seriously? Something ate his brain years ago.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-18 01:35:11 UTC
Post by John Doe
FWIW... This poster is lying about what I have said... I said it
MIGHT be a Google employee(s). If it is, it's more likely a
mischievous Google employee(s) instead of a calculated effort by
Google management.
Like "Cursitor Doom" said and I agree with, it's just annoying. If
it made any difference, all of the bullshit propaganda before (and
after) the election of Donald Trump as president of our United
States would have made a difference. But it didn't. It's like
"sticks and stones". Say what you will, but we will elect whoever we
want.
I am just pointing out not-quite-grown-up cannibal left antics.
Maybe someday you'll be faced with real problems in life and you'll have
to also, Peter Pan.
John Doe
2018-09-17 06:52:09 UTC
Post by John Robertson
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably
using a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by
providing obvious counter examples, but the upvote count
inflation appears to be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are
all liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner
subscribers, but that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote
counts are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
You may be over-inflating this -
I am not. I am very familiar with the YouTube comment system.
Post by John Robertson
look at how many people have watched the interview (and thanks for
giving the link) 320,900 people have watched and they all have
keyboards and can click "Like" for comments that they agreed with.
And note how many replies there are to these high liked posters.
You do not understand the system... Cheating to put a comment on top
necessarily means there will be more replies. Top comments are the
first comment a user sees. Therefore, they garner more comments.

There are other factors besides upvotes that determine which
comments are on top, but upvotes are a main factor.
Post by John Robertson
Your link had 320,900 views and 3.8k likes or 84:1
That is a different subject. This thread is about upvotes to
COMMENTS.
Post by John Robertson
http://youtu.be/ysy2xLQeHtk
Ted Cruz got 46,700 views and 838 likes or 56:1 - in other words
Mr. Cruz did better with fewer viewers - is the right media
inflating his youtube postings?
But seriously! That is not a Ted Cruz sympathetic video! It is a
video mocking Ted Cruz uploaded by a Ronald Reagan hater. You cannot
even get support for your argument right.
Post by John Robertson
I think you see what you want to see, but aren't doing the math -
are you sure you are an engineer?
I don't expect engineers to know everything. Anyone familiar with
life should realize its unfathomable complexities (and that's just
the easy part). That is why you need to know about this particular
subject before commenting. Otherwise you look silly.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 07:13:44 UTC
<snip>
Post by John Doe
I don't expect engineers to know everything.
An expert has been defined as somebody who is aware of the limitations of their expertise.
Post by John Doe
Anyone familiar with life should realize its unfathomable complexities (and
that's just the easy part).
You can always tell a fraud by their enthusiasm for mystification.
Post by John Doe
That is why you need to know about this particular
subject before commenting. Otherwise you look silly.
John Doe looks remarkably silly, even by the daffy standard set by the rest of our righ-wing half-wits.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-17 07:23:33 UTC
I have high respect for cannibal leftists, even foreigners like the
Village Idiot, who display their superior intellect. Like by winning
our presidential election by winning the popular vote... Good job!

I remember in public grade school LONG AGO being told you can win
the popular vote and lose the election. But the "smarter than you"
cannibal left just doesn't get it.
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.uzoreto.com!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!z10-v6no1545980qtb.0!news-out.google.com!i36-v6ni847qti.0!nntp.google.com!z10-v6no1545977qtb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 00:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 07:36:37 UTC
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 00:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
<snip>
Post by John Doe
That is why you need to know about this particular
subject before commenting. Otherwise you look silly.
John Doe looks remarkably silly, even by the daffy standard set by the rest of our righ-wing half-wits.
I have high respect for cannibal leftists, even foreigners like the
Village Idiot, who display their superior intellect.
I wonder why John Doe thinks he's managed to lose his Village Idiot award?
It's not the kind of award you can give away, particularly when you empahasise how richly you deserve it by persisting in top posting.
Post by John Doe
Like by winning
our presidential election by winning the popular vote... Good job!
Sadly, Hillary Clinton didn't win the US election by winning the popular vote by a margin of three million votes. She should have put more effort into the three states which actually carried the electoral college, where Trump won with a collective margin of 77,000 votes (probably all Russian influenced).
Post by John Doe
I remember in public grade school LONG AGO being told you can win
the popular vote and lose the election. But the "smarter than you"
cannibal left just doesn't get it.
They'd got it after Jeb Bush stole the 2000 election for his brother by fiddling the electoral rolls in Florida - and this was merely the most recent example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_which_the_winner_lost_the_popular_vote

George W. Bush did go on to illustrate that the population has better judgement than the electoral college, and Donald Trump seems set on driving the lesson home.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
d***@krl.org
2018-09-18 00:01:55 UTC
On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 3:36:41 AM UTC-4, ***@ieee.org wrote:
!
Post by b***@ieee.org
Sadly, Hillary Clinton didn't win the US election by winning the popular vote by a margin of three million votes. She should have put more effort into the three states which actually carried the electoral college, where Trump won with a collective margin of 77,000 votes (probably all Russian influenced).
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.

Dan, Earth
Post by b***@ieee.org
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-18 00:28:43 UTC
Post by d***@krl.org
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
We dodged a bullet.

Trump is making some corrections we should have made years ago. Anyone
with their head not buried deeply in their own partisanship can see
Washington is full of faults. We have the best system in the world, but
it's not perfect, obviously.

Democrats have been slaughtered in state and local elections for the
last 10 years. They are at their lowest office-holding level in 100
years. The electoral college did some great work by providing a little
uniformity, making them nearly extinct federally too.

I couldn't care less about politics. Trump is not our Savior. But it's
really amazing to see Democrats supporting corrupt FBI agents. Besides
promoting open borders, that's another reason they will lose the
midterms.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-18 02:31:31 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by d***@krl.org
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
We dodged a bullet.
Putin dodged a bullet.
Post by John Doe
Trump is making some corrections we should have made years ago.
Cutting US company taxes? He's been remarkably ineffective everywhere else.
Post by John Doe
Anyone with their head not buried deeply in their own partisanship can see
Washington is full of faults.
The US lobbying industry is remarkably large and remarkably effective. Trump hasn't done a thing to clean it out - which makes sense since he's exactly the kind of guy who would exploit it, if any business he owned was stable enough to benefit from a legislated tax loop-hole.
Post by John Doe
We have the best system in the world, but it's not perfect, obviously.
The US system stopped being "the best in the world" at the point where the northern European countries adopted proportional representation and coalition governments, about a century ago.

John Doe, being an American exceptionalist (as well as a half-wit) hasn't noticed.
Post by John Doe
Democrats have been slaughtered in state and local elections for the
last 10 years.
The Republicans engineered the sub-prime mortgage crisis in 2008 (or at least failed to deflate the US house price bubble before it burst). This lead directly to the great recession, which made the electorate unhappy with the politicians in charge, who were Democrats, even if they did a good job of avoiding a full-blown depression.

Trump is incompetent enough to wipe out any residual advantage that the Republicans might have retained.
Post by John Doe
They are at their lowest office-holding level in 100
years. The electoral college did some great work by providing a little
uniformity, making them nearly extinct federally too.
"Extinct" means no surviving examples. The Republican Party - as was - is now extinct, with the death of John McCain. It morphed into the Tea Party, which couldn't find a candidate more attractive than Trump, and has now morphed again into the Donald Trump Appreciation Society which isn't so much unprincipled as unaware that such things as consistent principles could exist.
Post by John Doe
I couldn't care less about politics.
So long as it is only far-right politics.
Post by John Doe
Trump is not our Savior.
He's doing his best to be the anti-Christ but he lacks the attention span and the detailed knowledge to be an effective agent of destruction.
Post by John Doe
But it's really amazing to see Democrats supporting corrupt FBI agents.
John Doe probably thinks he is referring to the Peter Strzok case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Strzok

Strzok didn't like Trump, but that didn't make him corrupt - granting Trump's enthusiasm for bribing people, it probably immunised him against the likeliest source of corruption.
Post by John Doe
Besides promoting open borders, that's another reason they will lose the
midterms.
John Doe hopes the Democrats will lose the mid-terms. Nat Silver rates them as six times more likely than the Republicans to emerge with a majority in the House.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
David Brown
2018-09-18 06:58:46 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by d***@krl.org
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
We dodged a bullet.
You dodged a bullet by catching a grenade.

Hillary may have been hated by half the Americans, just like Trump, but
at least she would not have been alternately laughed at and feared by
America's allies around the world.

Would she have made a less bad president than Trump? Who knows - it's
impossible to tell. (And if you think you can tell, you are delusional.)

What /is/ possible to tell is that your main problem lies in a system
that left people choosing between two unsuitable candidates that split
your population down the middle.
John Doe
2018-09-18 17:17:23 UTC
Right... And what Third World shithole is this America basher from?
Let's talk about its failings...
bitrex
2018-09-20 21:30:08 UTC
Post by David Brown
Post by John Doe
Post by d***@krl.org
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
We dodged a bullet.
You dodged a bullet by catching a grenade.
Hillary may have been hated by half the Americans, just like Trump, but
at least she would not have been alternately laughed at and feared by
America's allies around the world.
Would she have made a less bad president than Trump? Who knows - it's
impossible to tell. (And if you think you can tell, you are delusional.)
What /is/ possible to tell is that your main problem lies in a system
that left people choosing between two unsuitable candidates that split
your population down the middle.
I hope Republicans never go away scamming wingnuts out of their money
probably makes up 40% of US GDP. it's easy. First you just be white.
Then you just say you hate the same people they do. And then they give
you the money. Easy...
bitrex
2018-09-21 22:24:11 UTC
Then stop posting about it, goddamn.
D***@decadence.org
2018-09-22 04:40:46 UTC
+1!
John Doe
2018-09-22 05:46:29 UTC
This was my first post ever to this group that was (political)
off-topic. And it was not really intended to be political.

Perhaps drunk, speaking just like a cannibal leftist, the troll says
"I don't like what you say, so shut up!"
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:24:11 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:24:11 -0400
Post by John Doe
I couldn't care less about politics.
Then stop posting about it, goddamn.
This was my first post ever to this group that was (political)
off-topic. And it was not really intended to be political.
John Doe's grasp of what might be "political" isn't entirely sound.
Post by John Doe
Perhaps drunk, speaking just like a cannibal leftist, the troll says
"I don't like what you say, so shut up!"
Nobody much likes what you have to say, and we would all be grateful if you would shut up, but the problem isn't your politics, it's your total incapacity to do joined up reasoning.

You opened this thread with sentence "I tend to look at the big picture" which was a misleading claim. In reality you suffer from tunnel vision, and concentrate on issues that are only of interest to rabid right-wingers, of the kind that can't even notice that Donald Trump is an inept ignoramus.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
D***@decadence.org
2018-09-22 11:19:26 UTC
Post by John Doe
This was my first post ever to this group that was (political)
off-topic. And it was not really intended to be political.
Perhaps drunk, speaking just like a cannibal leftist, the troll says
"I don't like what you say, so shut up!"
I do not like what you say in this ELECTRONICS group, regardless of your
political affiliation or your retarded trumpesque opinion of others.

So, yeah, motherfucker... shut the fuck up... here... unless and
until you have something intelligent to say and politics or political
opinions ain't it, boy.

But knowing how you adolescent minded, adult aged mental midgets act,
that will never happen.

b***@ieee.org
2018-09-18 02:07:06 UTC
Post by d***@krl.org
!
Post by b***@ieee.org
Sadly, Hillary Clinton didn't win the US election by winning the popular vote by a margin of three million votes. She should have put more effort into the three states which actually carried the electoral college, where Trump won with a collective margin of 77,000 votes (probably all Russian influenced).
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
The god Dan seems to be thanking would have horns and a tail.

Putin would seem to be the more deserving recipient of Dan's thanks, but he doesn't need them. Putin invested quite a bit in getting a win for the candidate he liked - which wasn't the one who knew quite a bit about managing America's foreign policy, and thwarting Russia's plans to get a naval base on the Mediterranean Sea.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-18 17:14:13 UTC
The Village Idiot cannot help but stick its nose in our business.
Must be very boring in Australia.
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!paganini.bofh.team!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!z10-v6no1936346qtb.0!news-out.google.com!i36-v6ni981qti.0!nntp.google.com!z10-v6no1936335qtb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-19 04:35:20 UTC
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
Post by b***@ieee.org
Sadly, Hillary Clinton didn't win the US election by winning the popula
r vote by a margin of three million votes. She should have put more effort into the three states which actually carried the electoral college, where Trump won with a collective margin of 77,000 votes (probably all Russian influenced).
Trump has many faults, but thank god he beat Hillary.
The god Dan seems to be thanking would have horns and a tail.
Putin would seem to be the more deserving recipient of Dan's thanks, but he doesn't need them. Putin invested quite a bit in getting a win for the candidate he liked - which wasn't the one who knew quite a bit about managing America's foreign policy, and thwarting Russia's plans to get a naval base on the Mediterranean Sea.
The Village Idiot cannot help but stick its nose in our business.
John Doe seems to be suffering from an identity cris. He wants us to think that he is a "hard-core scientist" rather than our village idiot, and desperately wants to pass on his well-earned award to somebody else.
Post by John Doe
Must be very boring in Australia.
Compared to the US, Australia is pretty boring. The Chinese have a curse "may you live interesting times" and Donald Trump - and the rest of his clown car - are doing their inept best to make the USA a much more interesting place to live than Australia. We are having a drought, which is a pretty tedious form of natural disaster, while you are having Hurricane Florence which is killing fascinatingly large numbers of people - 32 now, and rising with the flood waters.

Donald Trump's response "“one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water” is impressive, in quite the wrong way. And the attacks on the CNN coverage

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/18/17873852/anderson-cooper-donald-trump-jr-hurricane-florence

does suggest the Trump team is more interested in the way the news coverage reflects on them rather than in fate of the people who needed rescue.

Dubbya never really recovered from his inept response to Katrina. Trump has even less to lose, notoriously inept as he is.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
j***@gmail.com
2018-09-18 06:47:24 UTC
Slowboy doesn't realize that Faceass members are less than 1 % of the population.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-18 14:02:30 UTC
"John Doe can't even learn to bottom post and he wants us to take his silly ideas seriously? Something ate his brain years ago. "
Sloman doesn't realize that Faceass members are less than 1 % of the population.
I'd have to take Facebook more seriously than I do to know even that much.

I know it's out there and making money, but so are party drugs.

The fact that a half-wit like John Doe takes it seriously isn't going to change my attitude.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-17 07:48:35 UTC
Lots of flailing trolls, but no substantial counterargument.

As I said, the most valid counterargument would be providing an
example of unbelievably inflated liked posts by conservative
viewpoints. But necessity is the mother of invention, and we know
Democrats are desperate. Almost extinct.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 08:25:33 UTC
Post by John Doe
Lots of flailing trolls, but no substantial counterargument.
As I said, the most valid counterargument would be providing an
example of unbelievably inflated liked posts by conservative
viewpoints.
But conservative nut-cases - like you and Cursitor Doom - expect unbelievably numerous positive responses from conservatives, so you'd never notice.

Your gut-feeling that a particular number is suspect isn't actually evidence - it's just partisan incredulity.
Post by John Doe
But necessity is the mother of invention, and we know
Democrats are desperate. Almost extinct.
Nat Silver doesn't. He gives them a rather better (and improving) chance of getting a majority in Congress at the mid-terms than he gave Hillary Clinton of winning back in 2016, and there's no electoral college to complicate that particular assessment.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

John Doe is deep into wishful thinking.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-17 08:35:36 UTC
The Village Idiot...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 01:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Sloman, Sydney
j***@skybeam.com
Thanks. I hadn't seen that vid. I just up-voted it.
John Doe
2018-09-17 08:34:42 UTC
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably
using a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by
providing obvious counter examples, but the upvote count
inflation appears to be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they
are all liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner
subscribers, but that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote
counts are coming from Google employees, a known liberal
company.
Thanks. I hadn't seen that vid. I just up-voted it.
You don't know what you're missing. Practically every MSNBC video
bashes our president and our electorate. Stay tuned! Most of its
subscribers are foreigners. That's why they are so wrong about our
country, they are ignorant and could not care less.
Tim Williams
2018-09-17 09:06:47 UTC
Post by John Doe
You don't know what you're missing. Practically every MSNBC video
bashes our president and our electorate.
Curious. Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say, drug gangs,
to be anything but bashing them?

Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
John Doe
2018-09-17 09:32:47 UTC
Post by Tim Williams
Post by John Doe
You don't know what you're missing. Practically every MSNBC video
bashes our president and our electorate.
Curious. Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say,
drug gangs, to be anything but bashing them?
Practically all they do is bash our president and our electorate,
all day every weekday. They never post about illegal border crossers
breaking our immigration laws. They are bleeding heart globalists out of
touch with Americans. Just like the average Democrats that have been
losing for the last 10 years. Watch what happens to Democrats in our
midterms. They have no idea or they don't care about American workers.

"Half of my family are illegals using forged IDs"
(California Senate leader Kevin de Leon)
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 10:48:32 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by Tim Williams
Post by John Doe
You don't know what you're missing. Practically every MSNBC video
bashes our president and our electorate.
Curious. Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say,
drug gangs, to be anything but bashing them?
Practically all they do is bash our president and our electorate,
all day every weekday. They never post about illegal border crossers
breaking our immigration laws.
Why should they? It has been going on for many years. Americans need their crops picked and their hotel rooms cleaned, and they don't like paying what Americans ask to do the work. Donald Trump pretended to get excited about it to suck in the working class vote, but he hasn't delivered his fabulous wall to slow down the influx.
Post by John Doe
They are bleeding heart globalists out of touch with Americans.
They are Americans - just better educated than you.
Post by John Doe
Just like the average Democrats that have been
losing for the last 10 years. Watch what happens to Democrats in our
midterms. They have no idea or they don't care about American workers.
Nate Silver is expecting them to cream the Republicans.

Post by John Doe
"Half of my family are illegals using forged IDs"
(California Senate leader Kevin de Leon)
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/02/06/senate-leader-half-of-my-family-eligible-for-deportation-under-trump-order/

Not exactly what he said. In reality "illegal immigrants" in the US have been an essential part of the work-force for many years, and the system has worked because everybody has turned a blind eye to the technical irregularities involved.

Now John Doe and Donald Trump have decided to get excited about it. Donald Trump will get less excited as soon as he dreams up another vote-catching gimmick, and John Doe will probably say "me too".
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Tim Williams
2018-09-17 12:02:25 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by Tim Williams
Curious. Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say,
drug gangs, to be anything but bashing them?
Practically all they do is bash our president and our electorate,
Non sequitur, I didn't ask about "our president and our electorate", I asked
about a hypothetical example. Please answer the question.

Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
John Doe
2018-09-17 23:31:08 UTC
If the poster wants to make sense, it might want to include some
context. This hypocrite posted a non sequitur then complained about
my reply being a non sequitur...
bitrex
2018-09-18 15:52:39 UTC
Post by Tim Williams
Post by John Doe
Curious.  Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say,
drug gangs, to be anything but bashing them?
Practically all they do is bash our president and our electorate,
Non sequitur, I didn't ask about "our president and our electorate", I
asked about a hypothetical example.  Please answer the question.
Tim
JD is such a stark-raving NPD-case all he cares about in life is that
people say nice things about him and the president who he thinks is his
best friend.

If they don't he falls to pieces and starts suffering from delusions of
reference and starts inspecting YouTube videos for hidden messages like
Jodie Foster watching scrambled TV stations in "Contact." The truth is
out there, bro.
D***@decadence.org
2018-09-17 12:14:41 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by Tim Williams
Post by John Doe
You don't know what you're missing. Practically every MSNBC video
bashes our president and our electorate.
Curious. Would you expect "fair and balanced" coverage of, say,
drug gangs, to be anything but bashing them?
Practically all they do is bash our president and our electorate,
all day every weekday. They never post about illegal border crossers
breaking our immigration laws. They are bleeding heart globalists out of
touch with Americans. Just like the average Democrats that have been
losing for the last 10 years. Watch what happens to Democrats in our
midterms. They have no idea or they don't care about American workers.
"Half of my family are illegals using forged IDs"
(California Senate leader Kevin de Leon)
Wow. This fucking total retard got fooly hypnotized by the TrumpTard
wool. Pulled it right over his eyes. Not that this dumbfuck had much
grasp on reality to begin with. It is no surprise that the stupid fuck
likes Trump.

Donald J. Trump, the first commander of our nation whom I refuse to
refer to by the proper title. The stupid bastard is shameful and
represents a huge black eye on America for allowing him to continue to
traipse around like the fool he is.

Mr. Buffoon is far more appropriate. This Doe Dumbfuck has dough for
brains, and is an absolute insult to Frank Capra, not to mention all
Americans. The fact is that we did not need Trump to know what is going
on in our country. We are fully aware. We did not need to be fooly
updated by a fool force dipshit followed up by a shitload of fool force
assholes who think they are smarter than the rest of us.

You ain't shit, boy... Oh wait... that is ALL you are, you piece of
unamerican shit!
John Doe
2018-09-17 23:54:39 UTC
Donald Trump is president of the United States, probably for eight
years. He will nominate a total of 3-5 Supreme Court judges. Does
not matter what the cannibal left, bleeding heart globalists, or
America-hating foreigners think about it. The election is over.

Trump's victory is a clear indication America is tired of open
border Democrats and Republicans. Trump's election proved that. The
media's big lie about Americans loving illegal immigrants has been
exposed. The reason Democrats will be slaughtered in this upcoming
midterm election, or at least fall far short of their hoped-for
gains, is because they just don't get it.

The glaring issue has nothing to do with politics. It's national
security. Americans are rebelling against the careless government
that allowed September 11, 2001 to happen.

Americans who bash our president and our electorate on worldwide
public forums are anything but patriots. Bash our president and our
electorate if you want, but you are in no way being patriotic for
doing so. You are a self-serving partisan.
From: DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:14:41 +0000 (UTC)
John Doe <always.look message.header> wrote in news:pnnsbv$egf$1 dont-
unamerican shit!
bitrex
2018-09-18 01:47:45 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
You lick boots pretty good, kiddo. At least hoes like Alex Jones are
making money to do it yet you work for free.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-18 02:01:02 UTC
From: DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:14:41 +0000 (UTC)
Post by John Doe
Post by John Doe
[...]
If he makes four he'll be lucky.
Post by John Doe
He will nominate a total of 3-5 Supreme Court judges.
All with attempted rapes in their back-ground? The pussy-grabber-chief presumably looks for that kind of thinking in his nominees (though he may not be aware of this preference).
Post by John Doe
Does not matter what the cannibal left, bleeding heart globalists, or
America-hating foreigners think about it. The election is over.
But the mid-terms, the Democratic majority in the House and the impeachment are all there to be looked forward to.
Post by John Doe
Trump's victory is a clear indication America is tired of open
border Democrats and Republicans.
Trump extremely narrow victory is one more clear indication that the electoral college was a very silly idea of the founding tax evaders, and should have been
dumped generations ago. The fact that the Russians spent quite a lot of money and effort supporting Trump via Facebook and Twitter in what turned out to be the crucial states doesn't make him look a particularly legitimate winner.
Post by John Doe
Trump's election proved that.
Only to somebody with a right-wing nit-wit idea of "proof".
Post by John Doe
The media's big lie about Americans loving illegal immigrants has been
exposed.
Rich Americans have loved - and under-paid - illegal immigrants for generations now. This depresses wages for poor Americans, who don't like the competition.

Trump is rich and exploits migrant labour in his hotels, but was happy to lie to less well-off Americans about the way he was going to build a wall to slow the flow. Two years into his presidency there's still no wall.
Post by John Doe
The reason Democrats will be slaughtered in this upcoming
midterm election, or at least fall far short of their hoped-for
gains, is because they just don't get it.
Nat Silver is less optimistic about the Republican prospects than John Doe is.
John Doe is a right-wing nit-wit with an enthusiasms for wishful thinking.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

If John Doe were willing to back his delusions with hard cash, he'd be exploitable. Sadly, anonymous trolls can't make bets.
Post by John Doe
The glaring issue has nothing to do with politics. It's national
security. Americans are rebelling against the careless government
that allowed September 11, 2001 to happen.
That was a Republican administration, who were very cozy with the Saudi regime, and it was Saudi nationals who were responsible for 9/11.
Post by John Doe
Americans who bash our president and our electorate on worldwide
public forums are anything but patriots.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. Defending Trump because he is president of America reveals that there's no other reason for defending him - he's the same lying creep that he has been all through his career, using "donations" from his registered charity as sweetners for purchasable politicians.
Post by John Doe
Bash our president and our electorate if you want, but you are in no way being > patriotic for doing so. You are a self-serving partisan.
The self-serving partisan troll wants to associate bashing Trump (who deserves all the bashing he gets) with bashing the electorate (who rejected him 65,853,514 to 62,984,828).

It's the electoral process that deserves bashing.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-18 18:31:03 UTC
Considering the fact Democrats hold fewer state and local offices
than in 100 years, difficult to believe the idea Trump did not win
the popular vote, at least the popular vote among AMERICANS.
There is a divide between Americans and our federal government.

This foreigner regularly complains about foreign influence on our
country. Ironic but true. The anonymous poster calling you a
"Russian bot" might even be a Russian. Their objective is to divide
us. Irony is there front.
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:01:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-19 05:35:33 UTC
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 19:01:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
From: DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:14:41 +0000 (UTC)
Post by John Doe
Post by John Doe
Bash our president and our electorate if you want, but you are in no way
being > patriotic for doing so. You are a self-serving partisan.
The self-serving partisan troll wants to associate bashing Trump (who deserves all the bashing he gets) with bashing the electorate (who rejected him 65,853,514 to 62,984,828).
It's the electoral process that deserves bashing.
Considering the fact Democrats hold fewer state and local offices
than in 100 years, difficult to believe the idea Trump did not win
the popular vote, at least the popular vote among AMERICANS.
John Doe finds it difficult to believe things that are true, and is a gullibe sucker for all sorts of fake news.
Post by John Doe
There is a divide between Americans and our federal government.
Of course. Americans elect the federal government, dividing the country into the electors and the elected.
Post by John Doe
This foreigner regularly complains about foreign influence on our
country.
I don't complain about it. I merely observe that it happened
Post by John Doe
Ironic but true.
Nothing ironic about it. The Russian intervention was covert and aimed at creating a particular effect - the election of Donald Trump.

I make no secret of who I am or where I'm from. American actions have a large effect on my country (though we did manage to minimise the local consequences of the American sub-prime mortgage crisis unlike the rest of the planet) and I'm perfectly entitled to post observations.
Post by John Doe
The anonymous poster calling you a
"Russian bot" might even be a Russian.
Their objective is to divide
us. Irony is there front.
They don't need to divide you. You do it for yourselves. Since Reagan came to power, the top 1% of the US income distribution has harvested almost all the growth in the US economy since then, and remaining 99% have seen very little of it.

That's the kind of division that pulls countries about - not that the kind of revolution that dispatches a greedy 1% to forced labour camps has to be all that disruptive, though a greedy 1% can afford to spend a lot on buying "protection".

In Rome, the Praetorian guard got to be a major political force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-19 14:43:08 UTC
Post by b***@ieee.org
Post by John Doe
Their objective is to divide
us. Irony is there front.
They don't need to divide you. You do it for yourselves. Since Reagan came to power, the top 1% of the US income distribution has harvested almost all the growth in the US economy since then, and remaining 99% have seen very little of it.
That's the kind of division that pulls countries about - not that the kind of revolution that dispatches a greedy 1% to forced labour camps has to be all that disruptive, though a greedy 1% can afford to spend a lot on buying "protection".
In Rome, the Praetorian guard got to be a major political force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard
He's all like "I wish foreigners would stop dividing us! I wanna shoot
the people I don't like myself!"
j***@gmail.com
2018-09-18 07:04:52 UTC
"But the mid-terms, the Democratic majority in the House and the impeachment are all there to be looked forward to. "
By the savant who "knows" everything. They might impeach but that means nothing except he goes on trial with the senate. There are only 8 senate seats up for grabs so it is mathematically impossible for them to get the required 2/3rds majority to convict. That means Trump is staying.

And the assholes talk about the 25th amendment. Well they must have never read it because invoking the 25th requires the Vice President be in on it. Without Pence, nothing happens.

They got until 2020 to show their tolerance and maturity by throwing rocks, shouting, disrupting public meetings and hearings.

Know what ? If I were head of the senate I would call over one of those security cops and tell him right on TV, "Those who disrupt this hearing are in contempt of congress and shall be held indefinitely, until I decide to let them go. At that time you will try them for felony obstruction of justice".

A nice side effect would be that once convicted they can't have guns. By the laws they supported ! HAHA.

You think he can't ? And no, it is not contempt of senate, both the senate and the house are referred to as "congress".
bitrex
2018-09-18 02:00:51 UTC
Post by D***@decadence.org
Post by John Doe
Post by John Doe
[...]
these has-beens come to the group and they run their mouth about
political BS and rarely if ever post anything on topic. no circuits. no
code. no LTSpice files. I'm not an expert engineer but I do make $$$ off
the skill I have where's the money bro? Lol bitch I went to art school
and I post more circuits than these guys do.

it's all cheap talk and $0 in revenue
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-17 10:35:17 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by John Doe
[...]
Donald Trump is an easy and deserving target. Since only 62,984,828 of the electorate voted for Donald Trump, and 65,853,514 of them voted for Hillary Clinton, the electorate as a whole is a less deserving target. The electoral college - definitely a bug in the US constitution as opposed to a feature worth copying - is a more deserving target.
Post by John Doe
Stay tuned! Most of its subscribers are foreigners. That's why they are so
wrong about our country, they are ignorant and could not care less.

As opposed to John Doe, who seems to think that he is domestic but still manages to be a pig-ignorant right-winger.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-17 23:31:52 UTC
The Village Idiot...
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!weretis.net!feeder4.news.weretis.net!border2.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!85.12.16.69.MISMATCH!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!z10-v6no1596905qtb.0!news-out.google.com!i36-v6ni847qti.0!nntp.google.com!z10-v6no1596903qtb.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 03:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-18 01:42:59 UTC
Post by John Doe
Lots of flailing trolls, but no substantial counterargument.
As I said, the most valid counterargument would be providing an
example of unbelievably inflated liked posts by conservative
viewpoints. But necessity is the mother of invention, and we know
Democrats are desperate. Almost extinct.
Who's gonna replace 'em, you? Hey look everyone, get a load of this guy.
It's the Übermensch right here. Lemme get you your Burger King crown, my
liege.
John Doe
2018-09-18 17:11:57 UTC
Ignoring the cheap insults...
The question "Who will replace Democrats?" is critical, because
Republicans won't save us. And when we fall, it won't be like Rome.
But most of you will probably be dead by then, so you don't care.
--
Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.mixmin.net!border2.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!85.12.16.69.MISMATCH!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad!fx42.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:42:59 -0400
Post by John Doe
Lots of flailing trolls, but no substantial counterargument.
As I said, the most valid counterargument would be providing an
example of unbelievably inflated liked posts by conservative
viewpoints. But necessity is the mother of invention, and we know
Democrats are desperate. Almost extinct.
Who's gonna replace 'em, you? Hey look everyone, get a load of this guy.
It's the Çobermensch right here. Lemme get you your Burger King crown, my
liege.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-19 04:17:47 UTC
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:42:59 -0400
Post by John Doe
Lots of flailing trolls, but no substantial counterargument.
As I said, the most valid counterargument would be providing an
example of unbelievably inflated liked posts by conservative
viewpoints. But necessity is the mother of invention, and we know
Democrats are desperate. Almost extinct.
Who's gonna replace 'em, you? Hey look everyone, get a load of this guy.
It's the Çobermensch right here. Lemme get you your Burger King crown, my
liege.
Ignoring the cheap insults...
Cheap perhaps, but perfectly apt.
Post by John Doe
The question "Who will replace Democrats?" is critical, because
Republicans won't save us. And when we fall, it won't be like Rome.
Canada and Mexico are unlikely to invade, but the rest of the mechanics of failure are likely to have a lot in common.

Rome was run by a narrow elite once it went over to imperial rule, and most of the emperors were incompetent.

At present the US is being run by the richest 1% of its income distribution for the benefit of that 1%. All the benefits of any growth in the economy go into their pockets. Education has become cripplingly expensive at a time when technically skilled people can exploit our ever-widening knowledge to create loads of real wealth, but this is going in Europe and China, where they educate rather more of the population (as opposed to the children of the well-off).
Post by John Doe
But most of you will probably be dead by then, so you don't care.
John Doe is relying on US life expectancies, which are rather low for a first-world country.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy>

The US is rather low in the pecking order, at 31st, behind Chile and Costa Rica.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-19 06:19:02 UTC
Post by John Doe
Ignoring the cheap insults...
The question "Who will replace Democrats?" is critical, because
Republicans won't save us. And when we fall, it won't be like Rome.
But most of you will probably be dead by then, so you don't care.
Did you get banned from Stormfront again? Even Nazis have standards I
suppose.
gregz
2018-09-18 07:53:11 UTC
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably using
a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by providing
obvious counter examples, but the upvote count inflation appears to
be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are all
liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner subscribers, but
that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote counts
are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search results.
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.

Greg
John Doe
2018-09-18 17:06:05 UTC
Post by gregz
Post by John Doe
I tend to look at the big picture. There is a recent trend on
YouTube to inflate the upvote count of certain posts, probably
using a bot.
This will sound political, so correct me if I'm wrong by
providing obvious counter examples, but the upvote count
inflation appears to be for liberal posts only.
Here is the most recent blatantly obvious example...
http://youtu.be/wKSOXFF4TPw
At least three comments under that video have at least 800-1000
upvotes. No doubt in my mind they are illegitimate. And they are
all liberal. I know MSNBC has a majority of foreigner
subscribers, but that does not explain it.
The most disturbing possibility is that the illegitimate vote
counts are coming from Google employees, a known liberal company.
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search
results. Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
Sometimes they use a devious practice known as "shadow
banning/blocking". You can see your own posts, so you are led to
believe others can see your posts. But in fact, other people cannot
see your posts. It's so devious, they probably will stop using it.
YouTube used it for a while, but maybe they stopped.

If you want to know whether others can see your posts, you must sign
out and clear your browser data. Then reopen your browser and look for
your posts without signing in.
Neon John
2018-09-19 15:23:58 UTC
Post by gregz
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search results.
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine. They take the search phrase
and send it to Google using their IP address. Thousands, maybe
millions of searches for most any topic one can think of prevents
Google from profiling them.

I know that if I send a search phrase to Google directly, I get
radically different results from what duckduckgo returns.

Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda. The government
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up. They'll regulate them as common carriers
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything. Could you imagine
the phone company filtering anything you said? Especially back then.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address
Martin Brown
2018-09-19 15:52:52 UTC
Post by Neon John
Post by gregz
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search results.
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine. They take the search phrase
and send it to Google using their IP address. Thousands, maybe
millions of searches for most any topic one can think of prevents
Google from profiling them.
I don't believe that is correct. DuckDuckGo must have its own webspiders
as well since one index it uses is not affected by the most common
infestations of PHP injection attack scripts on webservers whereas the
top three favourite search engines and their respective spiders are.
Post by Neon John
I know that if I send a search phrase to Google directly, I get
radically different results from what duckduckgo returns.
Probably because duckduckgo isn't (yet) targetted by the dodgy scripts.

DuckDuckGo seems to favour Wiki over other sources and adds a few paid
for adverts with the keywords in at the top and is always US centric
even when you are looking from a .uk IP address. This is sometimes
useful when something is available everywhere except in the UK.

But just how likely is it that I would be looking for wedding hire in
Orange County with an IP address based in the UK?
Post by Neon John
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda. The government
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up. They'll regulate them as common carriers
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything. Could you imagine
the phone company filtering anything you said? Especially back then.
I don't see that much difference with any of the major search engines
they all typically have the same top ten hits unless a website item is
peculiarly local or banned due to an EU "right to be forgotten" rule.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
t***@gmail.com
2018-09-19 18:01:53 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by Neon John
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda. The government
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up. They'll regulate them as common carriers
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything. Could you imagine
the phone company filtering anything you said? Especially back then.
I don't see that much difference with any of the major search engines
they all typically have the same top ten hits unless a website item is
peculiarly local or banned due to an EU "right to be forgotten" rule.
I use google, duckduck and when I have to, Bing. There are huge differences in the results. Google on pc & duckduck from anywhere are good. Google from mobile & bing from anywhere are hopeless.

NT
bitrex
2018-09-20 02:09:39 UTC
Post by Martin Brown
Post by gregz
[...]
"Left wing agenda" just means they don't put Fox News, Alex Jones and
Stormfront at the top of the results page on every current events or
political topic search
John Doe
2018-09-20 05:37:29 UTC
Are you even an American, bitrex?

Actually "left wing agenda" is like when news stories about the Taco
Bell in Florida refusing to serve an English-only speaker because
she does not speak Spanish, use language like "she says" it happened
when they have a video of it right their front of their faces.

No need to "run for the border" anymore. The border is here.

One of the most obvious one way media propaganda is the "Americans
love illegal immigrants" big lie. Trump's election pierced that
veil. Now everybody with at least half a brain can see it's a lie.

Go ahead and push lies, it makes no difference when the election
rolls around.
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:09:39 -0400
Post by Martin Brown
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 07:53:11 -0000 (UTC), gregz <zekor comcast.net>
Post by gregz
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search results.
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.¶ÿ They take the search phrase
and send it to Google using their IP address.¶ÿ Thousands, maybe
[...]
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda.¶ÿ The government
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up.¶ÿ They'll regulate them as common carriers
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything.¶ÿ Could you imagine
the phone company filtering anything you said?¶ÿ Especially back then.
political topic search
j***@gmail.com
2018-09-20 05:59:54 UTC
"Actually "left wing agenda" is like when news stories about the Taco
Bell in Florida refusing to serve an English-only speaker because
she does not speak Spanish, use language like "she says" it happened
when they have a video of it right their front of their faces. "

I was talking to a friend of mine and said we can figure this out if you want to go to Florida. Well we don't but it it might give someone an idea.

Two White guys walk in the place and talking to each other one says, in earshot, "OK, let's kill all these fucking spicks" and see what happens.

If they recognize the language then they are charged with racial discrimination and corporate fires the lot of them, or revokes the franchise.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-20 10:11:43 UTC
Post by John Doe
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:09:39 -0400
Post by gregz
[...]
He seems to think so.
Post by John Doe
Actually "left wing agenda" is like when news stories about the Taco
Bell in Florida refusing to serve an English-only speaker because
she does not speak Spanish, use language like "she says" it happened
when they have a video of it right their front of their faces.
No need to "run for the border" anymore. The border is here.
One of the most obvious one way media propaganda is the "Americans
love illegal immigrants" big lie. Trump's election pierced that
veil. Now everybody with at least half a brain can see it's a lie.
John Doe is too dumb to notice that it's rich Americans who love illegal immigrants who will work for low wages.

The less rich Americans don't like having their wages under-cut.
Post by John Doe
Go ahead and push lies, it makes no difference when the election
rolls around.
Not true. Donald Trump's skill at telling lies that appeal to the more gullible regions of the electorate (which clearly includes John Doe) is definitely an electoral asset. The fact that he hasn't delivered what he promised may not help his prospects, but he lies about that too.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
D***@decadence.org
2018-09-20 10:44:39 UTC
Post by b***@ieee.org
The less rich Americans don't like having their wages under-cut.
We also do not want to pay $6 each for an avacado or head of lettuce or
$2500 for a cell phone or $2000 for a base level A/V receiver.

Choices get made. Some labor gets shopped out.

Americans are pissed about not having the same standard of living their
parents had... as they walk around with their faces planted in a cell
phone. Not a Dick Tracy watch yet, but close.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-20 13:13:32 UTC
Post by D***@decadence.org
Post by b***@ieee.org
The less rich Americans don't like having their wages under-cut.
We also do not want to pay $6 each for an avacado or head of lettuce or
$2500 for a cell phone or $2000 for a base level A/V receiver.
And the sensible way of reducing the labour cost is automating the tedious bits.
Post by D***@decadence.org
Choices get made.
Bad ones.
Post by D***@decadence.org
Some labor gets shopped out.
That's one approach - not a particularly clever approach, but finding clever approaches tends to involve educating the people who can do that kind of work, and a whole lot of others, because you can't know who can do that kind of work until they've got enough education to know it exists.
Post by D***@decadence.org
Americans are pissed about not having the same standard of living their
parents had... as they walk around with their faces planted in a cell
phone. Not a Dick Tracy watch yet, but close.
99% of Americans are pissed off about having much the same standard of living as their parents had. The top 1% of the income distribution has an even higher standard of living than their parents had, and it's improving for them a lot faster than it did for their parents, because the growth of the US economy (and it is still growing ) is now pretty much all going to the top 1% of the income distribution, and the 99% see virtually none of it.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2018-09-21 10:38:26 UTC
Compared to Australia in which the Village Idiot lives, our United
States is most compassionate when it comes to illegal immigrants. In
Australia, illegals are put in horribly oppressive camps.

Problem with the cannibal left, they bash everything. That's why
Democrats are going extinct. The cannibal left don't care about
others or even themselves...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 03:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:09:39 -0400
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
Post by gregz
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.¶ôÇš They take the s
earch phrase
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
and send it to Google using their IP address.¶ôÇš Thousands,
maybe
.
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
DuckDuckGo seems to favour Wiki over other sources and adds a few paid
for adverts with the keywords in at the top and is always US centric
even when you are looking from a .uk IP address. This is sometimes
useful when something is available everywhere except in the UK.
But just how likely is it that I would be looking for wedding hire in
Orange County with an IP address based in the UK?
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda.¶ôÇš The
government
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up.¶ôÇš They'll regulate them as common
carriers
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything.¶ôÇš Could y
ou imagine
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
the phone company filtering anything you said?¶ôÇš Especially
back then.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-21 12:31:27 UTC
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 03:11:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.sloman ieee.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user example.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:09:39 -0400
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
Post by gregz
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine.락푭 They take the s
earch phrase
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
and send it to Google using their IP address.락푭 Thousands,
maybe
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
DuckDuckGo seems to favour Wiki over other sources and adds a few paid
for adverts with the keywords in at the top and is always US centric
even when you are looking from a .uk IP address. This is sometimes
useful when something is available everywhere except in the UK.
But just how likely is it that I would be looking for wedding hire in
Orange County with an IP address based in the UK?
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda.락푭 The
government
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate Google,
Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up.락푭 They'll regulate them as common
carriers
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything.락푭 Could y
ou imagine
Post by John Doe
Post by Martin Brown
the phone company filtering anything you said?락푭 Especially
back then.
Post by John Doe
Go ahead and push lies, it makes no difference when the election
rolls around.
Not true. Donald Trump's skill at telling lies that appeal to the more gullible regions of the electorate (which clearly includes John Doe) is definitely an electoral asset. The fact that he hasn't delivered what he promised may not help his prospects, but he lies about that too.
Compared to Australia in which the Village Idiot lives, our United
States is most compassionate when it comes to illegal immigrants. In
Australia, illegals are put in horribly oppressive camps.

The Australian illegal immigrants about which John Doe is complaining is the tiny sub-group that tries to get to Australia by getting smuggled in on a fishing boat.

If they get caught before they reach Australian territorial waters, they are detained off-shore, outside of Australia. Once they get into Australia, their legal situation changes and they have to be treated better.

The result of this scheme is that people have pretty much stopped trying to get into Australia in this way, and a whole lot fewer of them get drowned in the process.

It's not ideal, but it works. The USA has land borders, so they don't have to deal with this particular problem (which John Doe clearly knows nothing about)
Post by John Doe
Problem with the cannibal left, they bash everything.
John Doe does like to believe things about his imagined opponents. His fantasy world can't be described as rich, but it does contain some remarkably implausible inventions.
Post by John Doe
That's why Democrats are going extinct.
John Doe likes to think that. Nate Silver doesn't share his opinion.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/?ex_cid=rrpromo

The exact odds keep on getting adjusted, but it's the Republicans who look likely to get thinned out by the mid-term elections.

Meanwhile, the Republican Party is already extinct. It got replaced by the Tea Party a few years ago, who were so staggeringly incompetent that they couldn't find a candidate for the "Republican" nomination who was more attractive than Trump, and they've been replaced by the Donald Trump Appreciation Society, who do appreciate that Trump is incompetent, but have decided - those that stuck around - that he's their incompetent.
Post by John Doe
The cannibal left don't care about others or even themselves...
Who knows who John Doe thinks he is talking about? Or cares?
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-20 15:57:53 UTC
Post by John Doe
Are you even an American, bitrex?
Actually "left wing agenda" is like when news stories about the Taco
Bell in Florida refusing to serve an English-only speaker because
she does not speak Spanish, use language like "she says" it happened
when they have a video of it right their front of their faces.
Yup they all do that "it is alleged" "according to the police report the
victim says...." stuff it's about cover-your-ass against defamation
lawsuit, if the "she says" wasn't attributed to an official source then
they did that wrong. which wouldn't be surprising most journalists are
not journalists because they're legal experts or masters in English
usage themselves.
Post by John Doe
No need to "run for the border" anymore. The border is here.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Florida>

Kinda always has been.
Post by John Doe
One of the most obvious one way media propaganda is the "Americans
love illegal immigrants" big lie. Trump's election pierced that
veil. Now everybody with at least half a brain can see it's a lie.
Go ahead and push lies, it makes no difference when the election
rolls around.
Hey, I'm not the one hiring them. Giuliani says Hispanic immigrants all
vote Democratic and love "left values" he apparently doesn't know what a
Catholic is.
bitrex
2018-09-20 16:20:55 UTC
Post by John Doe
Are you even an American, bitrex?
Ya my family has probably been here a lot longer than yours has. My
great-grandfathers fought the Revolution here in New England...when did
you show up?
bitrex
2018-09-20 16:29:55 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by John Doe
Are you even an American, bitrex?
Ya my family has probably been here a lot longer than yours has. My
great-grandfathers fought the Revolution here in New England...when did
you show up?
They'd probably wonder "Who is even these guys who think they run the
place now"
j***@gmail.com
2018-09-20 05:55:56 UTC

You're getting as bad as Slowman.
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-20 10:13:20 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by bitrex
"Left wing agenda" just means they don't put Fox News, Alex Jones and
Stormfront at the top of the results page on every current events or
political topic search "
You're getting as bad as Sloman.
Bitrex might read that as praise.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-20 16:02:29 UTC
Post by bitrex
Post by bitrex
"Left wing agenda" just means they don't put Fox News, Alex Jones and
Stormfront at the top of the results page on every current events or
political topic search "
You're getting as bad as Slowman.
How come all the writers at ZeroHedge call themselves "Tyler Durden"?
Did they ever watch Fight Club? I didn't finish the film it was all
half-naked dudes! WTF
b***@ieee.org
2018-09-19 16:21:21 UTC
Post by Neon John
Post by gregz
I heard many complaints of YouTube. Google Also filters search results.
Facebook, well plenty of complaints.
I now use DuckDuckGo as my search engine. They take the search phrase
and send it to Google using their IP address. Thousands, maybe
millions of searches for most any topic one can think of prevents
Google from profiling them.
I know that if I send a search phrase to Google directly, I get
radically different results from what duckduckgo returns.
Yes, Google companies filter with a left wing agenda.
Or Neon John reads with a right-wing agenda.

It's interesting to imagine what might be going on.

Google makes it money out of the advertisements that get pushed at you when you use it's service, and the ads are selected to push stuff you - specifically - might buy.

It's not much of stretch to imagine that they might also tailor their search engine to favour the kind of answer that you have followed up in the past.

DuckDuckGo might be more heavily used by paranoid right-wingers, who - as a group - might follow up particular kinds items that differ from those followed up by regular human beings.

Neon John might not be as far to the right as he looks ...
Post by Neon John
The government is going to have to rewind maybe 70 or 80 years and regulate
Google, Facebook, Twitter and the other de facto monopolies just as they did
AT&T before the break-up. They'll regulate them as common carriers
which are not allowed to edit or insert anything. Could you imagine
the phone company filtering anything you said?
It would have been remarkably technically difficult - speech recognition on the fly and instant censorship.

Talk-back radio was transmitted with a five second delay to allow them time to bleep out obscenities.
Post by Neon John
Especially back then.
AT&T was regulated into providing a common carrier service. There wasn't anything about editing the content that was carried.

Telex (TWX in the US) would have been more accessible. Encoded Telex was permissible, but - IIRR - you had to decode any document you'd sent if the security services asked you to.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2018-09-20 02:12:12 UTC
Post by b***@ieee.org
Post by Neon John
Post by gregz
[...]
Wingnut psychology isn't particularly complex either you kiss their ass
and do what they want 100% of the time or they feel hurt and
"persecuted" and victim of some conspiracy or "agenda" or other.