OT: About America in this NG
petrus bitbyter
2012-11-22 13:49:54 UTC
Peculiar folks those Americans. Though I've never been there I learned
something about them. Most of it by reading newsgroups.

Although they did not invent the computer they have a typical binary way of
ordering their society. There are two groups, the white and the black. The
whites, often called Caucasians, have their roots mainly in western Europe.
All others are considered to be black. Some subgroup off blacks named
themselves Afro-Americans although a lot of them may not even know what
Africa is or where to find it. But even if they find it out some day, I
doubt they want to go and live there. One real Afro-American is running
around at the moment. He is a real Afro-American because he has a black
African father and a white American mother. He is, of course, considered to
be black. He has to do something in politics but nobody, even he himself,
seems to know exactly what he does.

Speaking politics, there are also two groups. The leftist weenies and the
rightist braves. The leftist spent the money the rightist earn - or so they
say. As America is said to be a democracy, the main peoples representative,
the president is chosen by an honest voting system: One man one vote.
Nevertheless the candidate with lesser votes can win the elections and
become the president.

In this NG, engaged in electronics when there are no political issues, there
are several braves active. One even wants to start a new political party
which cannot succeed. American brains have no place for more the two
parties. Leftist weenies are seldom heard. They off course can post if they
want to - so they can be told how wrong they are - but they keep silent most
of the times. The one that comes nearest is not an American and does not
even live in the States but he's an Aussie that lives or lived in Europe
though he seems to be back down under at the moment.

So far what I learned from reading but correct me if I'm wrong J One day I
hope to cross the pond and have a look by myself.

petrus bitbyter
John Larkin
2012-11-22 15:31:44 UTC
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:49:54 +0100, "petrus bitbyter"
Post by petrus bitbyter
[...]
Design any interesting electronics lately?
--
John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
miso
2012-11-22 16:01:06 UTC
1) There are no leftist weenies
2) The right wingers are moochers. Money flows from the liberal to the
conservatives. Arizona, land of the freeloaders.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/americas-fiscal-union
Jim Thompson
2012-11-22 16:22:58 UTC
Post by miso
1) There are no leftist weenies
Indeed, leftists have no weenies.
Post by miso
2) The right wingers are moochers. Money flows from the liberal to the
conservatives. Arizona, land of the freeloaders.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/americas-fiscal-union
The money goes to, by Federal fiat, to support illegals. If we could
shoot them as they cross the borders, we could export money.

At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Post by miso
:-}
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Vladimir Vassilevsky
2012-11-22 17:07:53 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
Post by miso
1) There are no leftist weenies
Indeed, leftists have no weenies.
No weenies and no leftists. There are two political parties: fascists and
kommunists. Although fascist and kommunist beliefs are bit different, both
parties think everybody owes them; while in fact they owe to everybody.
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.

VLV
Michael A. Terrell
Fool.
Vladimir Vassilevsky
Heil Bush!
Michael A. Terrell
2012-11-22 22:24:02 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
Fool.
Heil Bush!
Are you finally tired of Hitler? I'm an independent, so your lame
attempt to insult me shows just what kind of fool you are.
Jim Thompson
2012-11-22 18:21:59 UTC
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:07:53 -0600, "Vladimir Vassilevsky"
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
VLV
I'm almost 73, and my preference is woman-on-top >:-}

Why do Europeons think we, on the right financially, are bible
thumpers?

Because the Dems push that as our image?

In actual fact, read your history, Dems are the bible thumpers AND the
racists.

Watch "Lincoln" as an example... and that movie was made by a
leftist... by Phoenix' own Steven Spielberg, graduate of Arcadia High
School.

...Jim Thompson

amdx
2012-11-22 20:41:03 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
VLV
Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more
variety in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
Mikek
Vladimir Vassilevsky
2012-11-22 21:06:06 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more variety
in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
Of course. When they catch another serial rapist homosexual, quite often he
appears to be a pillar of conservative society if not a priest.
Jim Thompson
2012-11-22 21:24:37 UTC
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:06:06 -0600, "Vladimir Vassilevsky"
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more variety
in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
Of course. When they catch another serial rapist homosexual, quite often he
appears to be a pillar of conservative society if not a priest.
Vladimir. Why don't you just go away? I don't conceal my identity or
E-mail address. Why do you? Too many little boys in your sexual
exploits?

...Jim Thompson

Vladimir Vassilevsky
2012-11-22 21:49:11 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:06:06 -0600, "Vladimir Vassilevsky"
Post by Vladimir Vassilevsky
Post by Vladimir Vassilevsky
in
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more variety
in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
Of course. When they catch another serial rapist homosexual, quite often he
appears to be a pillar of conservative society if not a priest.
Vladimir. Why don't you just go away?
I am just expressing my opinion and observations. What is wrong with it?
A self appointed FBI shitch tells me to go away?
Jim Thompson
2012-11-22 22:24:33 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
I don't conceal my identity or
E-mail address. Why do you? Too many little boys in your sexual
exploits?
A self appointed FBI shitch tells me to go away?
What? You want to be listed ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Michael A. Terrell
2012-11-22 22:33:03 UTC
Even though he can't spell worth 'shitch'?
Jim Thompson
2012-11-22 21:37:06 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
VLV
Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more
variety in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
Mikek
In his early-80's my father inquired if I was still getting sex... he
said that he was... annoyed the crap out of my sister, because our
mother had only been dead for two years, and he was already "dating"
;-)

...Jim Thompson

Bill Sloman
2012-11-22 22:58:19 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female
Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age
of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.
VLV
   Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more
variety in their sex life, and they have it more often.
It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively!
These studies followed studies that showed that conservative had more
money to spend on books than liberals, but they'd only spend it on
books that portrayed them favourably.

Lying flattery sells to conservatives, who can't do the critical
thinking required to detect that they are being ripped off by
flatterers. Economists have noticed this too.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

b***@gmail.com
2012-11-22 19:42:44 UTC
That explains your pathetically simple-minded and inaccurate opinion.
amdx
2012-11-22 20:36:19 UTC
Post by petrus bitbyter
In this NG, engaged in electronics when there are no political issues, there
are several braves active. One even wants to start a new political party
which cannot succeed.
petrus bitbyter
I suspect you are referring the "one" that's me who wants to start the
American Entitlement Party.

My post was somewhat in jest, because
I think the government takes to much money from taxpayers and
distributes it to those who have either, not figured out how to make it
in the land of plenty, or have figured out how to live off of others
labor in the land of plenty.
Even those living under the poverty level (we call them poor) seem to
be able to get their fingernails painted by someone who often has come
to this country and does not speak the language well, but HAS figured
out how to earn a living and acquire assets.
Many of the poor have big screen tv's, cable tv and internet. They
also have air conditioning and an automobile. They have cellphones
usually a smart phone. Many of us who aren't on government subsidies
don't have smart phones and our wives don't get their fingernails
painted by others, because we are spending money we earned,
not money given to us. This gives us a bad feeling about welfare,
even though we understand it is needed in many situations. Poor in
America is not like poor in a third world country.
The benefit of having the American Entitlement Party is, there are
people that think we need more entitlements, if they all voted for the
American Entitlement Party presidential candidate, most of that vote
would come from the Democratic candidate, this would benefit the
Republican candidate. That was the purpose of my rant.
Post by petrus bitbyter
So far what I learned from reading but correct me if I'm wrong J One
day I hope to cross the pond and have a look by myself.
We would be happy to see you!

Mikek
Michael A. Terrell
2012-11-22 22:27:26 UTC
Post by amdx
We would be happy to see you!
That's what we tell all of the Snowbirds. As they are heading north
for the summer. ;-)