OT: Gasoline Cost in Europe
Jim Thompson
2006-05-03 19:22:36 UTC
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Rene Tschaggelar
2006-05-03 19:41:11 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan
here in switzerland. Rising.

Rene
Jonathan Kirwan
2006-05-03 19:45:22 UTC
Post by Rene Tschaggelar
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan
here in switzerland. Rising.
About $5.30/US gallon, then.

Jon
Keith
2006-05-03 20:12:14 UTC
Post by Jonathan Kirwan
Post by Rene Tschaggelar
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan
here in switzerland. Rising.
About $5.30/US gallon, then.
Isn't 95 Octane about the same price here? ;-)/2
Keith
Ian Stirling
2006-05-03 21:33:51 UTC
Post by Rene Tschaggelar
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan
here in switzerland. Rising.
Bouncing along just under the 1 pound a liter mark here. (UK)
99.4p/l or so.
$(us) 1.82 or so then.
Roger Hamlett
2006-05-03 21:44:38 UTC
Post by Ian Stirling
Post by Rene Tschaggelar
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
In the order of 1.40$ per liter for 95 octan
here in switzerland. Rising.
Bouncing along just under the 1 pound a liter mark here. (UK)
99.4p/l or so.
$(us) 1.82 or so then.
Depends where you are in the country. I was up in Derbyshire yesterday.
97.9 for Shell. Down in London this morning, 104.9!....
Somewhere around $8/US gal.

Best Wishes
Tim Auton
2006-05-03 19:55:06 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.

In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.

Tim
Did I really still have that sig?
John B
2006-05-03 20:10:45 UTC
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Tim
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
John B
Don Bowey
2006-05-03 20:20:19 UTC
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Tim
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
I sure agree with the thought that the oil companies are ripping us off.
Further, in the US, I believe the State Dept. has caused the news media to
shut-up about any talk about excess profiting. For the past several days it
was on every news commentators lips and now everyone is either mum on the
point, or saying the the oil profits are realistic.

Don
GregS
2006-05-03 20:34:22 UTC
Post by Don Bowey
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Tim
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
I sure agree with the thought that the oil companies are ripping us off.
Further, in the US, I believe the State Dept. has caused the news media to
shut-up about any talk about excess profiting. For the past several days it
was on every news commentators lips and now everyone is either mum on the
point, or saying the the oil profits are realistic.
Oil companies should be making less profit since people are using less gasoline.

greg
Jim Thompson
2006-05-03 20:43:44 UTC
Post by Don Bowey
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Tim
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
I sure agree with the thought that the oil companies are ripping us off.
Further, in the US, I believe the State Dept. has caused the news media to
shut-up about any talk about excess profiting. For the past several days it
was on every news commentators lips and now everyone is either mum on the
point, or saying the the oil profits are realistic.
Don
What I heard was the oil companies are only making around 9¢/gallon,
but the sheer volume makes that into billions.

...Jim Thompson

John Gaubatz
2006-05-03 20:53:59 UTC
Thats about right Jim. The government, federal and state levels are making
all the money. Glen Beck was saying in some states the taxes on a gallon of
gas were at about 69 cents per gallon. And the government wants to tax the
profits of the oil companies. Geeez.

John
Post by Jim Thompson
Post by Don Bowey
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Joel Kolstad
2006-05-03 21:34:00 UTC
Post by John Gaubatz
Thats about right Jim. The government, federal and state levels are making
all the money. Glen Beck was saying in some states the taxes on a gallon of
gas were at about 69 cents per gallon. And the government wants to tax the
profits of the oil companies. Geeez.
Not surprising... tax the "greedy" oil companies and the government has more
money... drop current taxes on gasoline and somebody's pet program gets cut.

I did, however, see an article some months back that claimed some gov't. taxes
on fuel *have* already been cut, though.
Richard Henry
2006-05-03 22:03:46 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
Post by Don Bowey
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
[...]
Gasoline around here has goen up about $1 a gallon over the last few months.
Who's getting that?
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian
2006-05-03 21:36:34 UTC
Post by Don Bowey
On 5/3/06 1:10 PM, in article
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
I sure agree with the thought that the oil companies are ripping us off.
Further, in the US, I believe the State Dept. has caused the news media to
shut-up about any talk about excess profiting. For the past several days it
was on every news commentators lips and now everyone is either mum on the
point, or saying the the oil profits are realistic.
I also oppose any kind of "windfall profits tax", because (1) it's a tax,
and (2) it doesn't do us any good - we'll still be paying three (or
probably 4 or 5, since they have to cover the WPT) bucks a gallon, and all
it does is make a bunch of bureaucrats richer (or gives them pork for
their district.)

What we need to do is: First, we kill all of the lawyers...

Cheers!
Rich
Richard Henry
But where can you go?
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian
2006-05-03 21:33:17 UTC
Post by Richard Henry
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97 per
UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for the oil
companies!
But where can you go?
What ever happened to antitrust laws? Aren't there about five major
oil companies? They're obviously conspiring to rip off as much as they
can before the purge. >:->

Thanks!
Rich
jack
2006-05-04 10:00:28 UTC
dreaded librarian

Question -- what is Exxon-Mobil's share of the U.S. market
John B
2006-05-03 22:06:29 UTC
Post by Richard Henry
Post by John B
Post by Tim Auton
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
Around 0.90 - 0.95 UKP per litre in the UK. Mostly tax, of course.
In US units, that's around $6.50 per gallon.
Tim
Here, on the Isle of Arran, we pay ?1.095 per litre. That's ?4.97
per UK gallon, or in US terms $7.62 per US gallon. Rip off time for
the oil companies!
But where can you go?
Well, you can go clockwise round the island (about 56 miles) or on
alternate days you can go anti-clockwise. Either way you always end up
where you started. Life's like that here, where 'manjana' is far too
quick!
John B
Rob / Demon.nl
2006-05-03 22:16:03 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
What are Europeans paying for gasoline right now?
1,4 euro / ltr = $6.30 / gallon
--
CU, Rob - 52°8'21"N 4°44'34"E
www.gompy.net - www.news.gompy.net