OT: Fox News, before and after the election...
John Doe
2021-04-07 20:52:46 UTC
Fox News YouTube channel video upload ratings before the election were not
nearly positive as they are since the election. Easy to figure the reason is
because they were being "fair and balanced", even to the point of helping Joe
Biden over the finish line, then after mission accomplished, they have so much
to complain about...

The premise for that can be proved just by looking at their videos. I'm
certain it's correct. That's how I decide whether or not to even read a video
title, let alone watch the video, just look at the video rating via a Chrome
add-on. Before the election, lots of negative rated videos. Now there mostly
very highly rated. Not talking about hosts like Laura Ingraham, Tucker
Carlson, and Maria Bartiromo, talking about the average Fox video.

So much manipulation. Likely to get much worse in years to come.
John Doe
2021-04-07 20:54:08 UTC
*they're
John Larkin
2021-04-07 23:11:57 UTC
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:52:46 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
Post by John Doe
Fox News YouTube channel video upload ratings before the election were not
nearly positive as they are since the election. Easy to figure the reason is
because they were being "fair and balanced", even to the point of helping Joe
Biden over the finish line, then after mission accomplished, they have so much
to complain about...
The premise for that can be proved just by looking at their videos. I'm
certain it's correct. That's how I decide whether or not to even read a video
title, let alone watch the video, just look at the video rating via a Chrome
add-on. Before the election, lots of negative rated videos. Now there mostly
very highly rated. Not talking about hosts like Laura Ingraham, Tucker
Carlson, and Maria Bartiromo, talking about the average Fox video.
So much manipulation. Likely to get much worse in years to come.
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
bitrex
2021-04-08 00:24:59 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
Fox News correspondent casually calling for the execution of every
prisoner at Guantanamo Bay because they've "outlived their usefulness":

<https://twitter.com/dan_arrows/status/1356545050054975490?lang=en>

Yeah, just totally "normal" journalists here...
John Doe
2021-04-08 01:44:56 UTC
Piling on!
5 yards, 1st down!!!
--
Subject: Re: OT: Fox News, before and after the election...
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
bitrex
2021-04-08 19:08:06 UTC
Post by John Doe
Piling on!
5 yards, 1st down!!!
Are you high? Like the "journalists" at Fox News are you high on crack
cocaine. right now.
Rick C
2021-04-08 23:38:50 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
I like the way he says, "... so you wonder why we don't just kill them, uh... you know put them on trial". I like the way he added the trial as an afterthought. Yeah, we always first try someone we are going to hang.
--
Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
bitrex
2021-04-09 04:19:51 UTC
Post by Rick C
Post by John Doe
[...]
Bunch of regular Thomas Jeffersons they got there. Last best hope for
the defense of the Constitution, right here folks
George Herold
2021-04-08 01:23:18 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
I can't listen to news anymore.
Lex Fridman has a nice podcast. I download and listen to that.
A bunch of writers have left media and gone to substack.

I wonder how much having a two party system in the US tends to
split the media in two.

George H.
whit3rd
2021-04-08 04:32:03 UTC
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.

About 90% of what I see in the grocery is not suitable food, but I still shop there.
90% of the shoes in a shoe store don't suit (or fit) me.
About 95% of what's in a bookstore isn't suitable reading, but I couldn't afford
all of the remaining 5%.

Rush Limbaugh was a good necktie designer. Newsie, not so much.
j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
2021-04-08 04:58:46 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?

Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
--
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Bill Sloman
2021-04-08 05:49:44 UTC
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Not on the climate change denial websites that you seem to favour.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
Covid-19 does happen to be important. It has now killed 572,849 Americans (1,723 per million) and 909 Australians (35 per million). If a few people in the US had thought a bit harder about how to stop it spreading, you might have done better.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2021-04-08 14:22:16 UTC
"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)

Babbling idiot...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman, Sydney
whit3rd
2021-04-08 06:06:03 UTC
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Journalism is in a sad state. ...
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and BBC come to mind.

It depends on what you're looking for.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
Bill Sloman
2021-04-08 06:22:28 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Journalism is in a sad state. ...
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and BBC come to mind.
It depends on what you're looking for.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
Cursitor Doom seems to be addicted to right-wing conspiracy theories, and the mainstream media doesn't seem deliver anything irrational enough to whet his interest.

John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same kind of disorder.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Robert Latest
2021-04-08 11:43:34 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm
for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same
kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can
acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can
ignore the problem altogether. If that's not enough you can cocoon in active
denial and nourish conspiracy theories.
robert
j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
2021-04-08 14:23:01 UTC
Post by Robert Latest
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm
for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same
kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can
acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can
ignore the problem altogether.
I'd rather ignore the problem, partly because there is no problem.

Doomsday climate models have been wrong for 50 years now. Bigger
computers don't seem to help.

It's a beautuful morning. Sun creeping in under the fog, clear and
clean and 52 F.
--
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Bill Sloman
2021-04-08 14:46:26 UTC
Post by Robert Latest
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm
for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same
kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can
acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can
ignore the problem altogether.
I'd rather ignore the problem, partly because there is no problem.
Which is to say that climate change denial propaganda comes with enough flattery to make it palatable to John Larkin.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Doomsday climate models have been wrong for 50 years now. Bigger computers don't seem to help.
Ask any climate change denial website, and they will tell you exactly that. It isn't true, but John Larkin isn't going to give up being flattered just to get better informed.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
It's a beautiful morning. Sun creeping in under the fog, clear and clean and 52 F.
Enjoy it while it lasts. The east coast of Australia is just recovering from what used to be once a century floods. One degree Celcius warming at the ocean surface is 6% more water vapour in the air above the ocean, and 6% more energy driving weather events around the oceans. Last year we'd had a horrid drought, and got spectacularly bad bushfires.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Rick C
2021-04-08 23:51:41 UTC
Post by Robert Latest
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm
for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same
kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can
acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can
ignore the problem altogether.
I'd rather ignore the problem, partly because there is no problem.
You are talking about election fraud, right? I agree, there is no problem.

+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
John Doe
2021-04-09 01:24:00 UTC
There was no election integrity problem when Joe Biden was elected.

But of course there was all sorts of election fraud when Donald Trump was
elected. It just wasn't tangible, it was done in some untraceable way by a
faraway foreign entity...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman
2021-04-09 02:23:25 UTC
Post by Robert Latest
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm
for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same
kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can
acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can
ignore the problem altogether.
I'd rather ignore the problem, partly because there is no problem.
You are talking about election fraud, right? I agree, there is no problem.
There was no election integrity problem when Joe Biden was elected.
Not enough to worry about. Biden won the popular vote by a wide margin and the electoral college vote lined up with that.
But of course there was all sorts of election fraud when Donald Trump was elected.
No election fraud, apart from the usual Republican efforts to stop likely Democrat voters from voting at all. Just overseas influence through bought and paid for fake identities on Facebook. The fraud was in posting the propaganda in a way that made it look as if it came from US voters. This presumably did influence the election but persuading people to vote in a different way isn't "election fraud" no matter how fraudulent the persuasion is.
It just wasn't tangible, it was done in some untraceable way by a faraway foreign entity...
The Mueller enquiry didn't have any trouble tracing the links back to a bunch of Russians, whom they named and charged. That makes it perfectly tangible.

Trump never tried to prosecute them - which isn't all that surprising. His actual margin of victory in 2016 was quire narrow - some 80,000 votes in the three states that turned out to be crucial. It's possible that the Russian influence made the difference. He showed every sign of being grateful for it.

As usual , John Doe is much too one-eyed to bother finding out what actually happened, and stupid enough to tell us what he is silly enough to believe was going on.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2021-04-09 02:46:21 UTC
"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)

Bozo the clown...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bill Sloman
2021-04-09 03:06:55 UTC
Post by John Doe
--
--
Post by Bill Sloman
John Larkin isn't quite as far out of touch with reality, but his enthusiasm for blatant climate change denial propaganda does look like much the same kind of disorder.
People have different ways of coping with problems they can't solve. You can acknowledge the problem and come to terms with your powerlessness. Or you can ignore the problem altogether.
I'd rather ignore the problem, partly because there is no problem.
John Larkin does like the kind of propaganda that tells him that there isn't any kind of problem.
Post by John Doe
[...]
Bozo the clown intends to be a figure of fun. John Doe takes himself much more seriously, which makes him even funnier.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Flyguy
Hey SL0WMAN, you are TOO STUPID to understand an insult - your concept of sexuality is SO BIZARRE as to be characterized as clownish (which is generous considering the alternative).
Bill Sloman
2021-04-10 05:19:00 UTC
Post by Bill Sloman
Post by John Doe
--
--
Post by John Doe
[...]
I'm quite sensible enough to pretend to misunderstand an insult, particularly when the misunderstanding looks more plausible than the original.

Quite why Flyguy thinks that my sexuality comes into this escapes me. I'm boringly hetrosexual, to the point where interacting with gay people doesn't worry me at all.
Flyguy and John Doe seem to be less secure and seem want to make a lot of fuss about the occasional trans kid, which is bizarre.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
2021-04-08 14:16:39 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Journalism is in a sad state. ...
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and BBC come to mind.
It depends on what you're looking for.
WashPost is paywalled, as is WSJ. BBC is OK but boring.
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
Repeating the same lame stories thousands of times isn't my idea of
news.
--
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Bill Sloman
2021-04-08 14:37:03 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
Repeating the same lame stories thousands of times isn't my idea of news.
Nor is it what the mainstream media does.

John Larkin doesn't process what he reads unless he finds it flattering. Stuff that he doesn't find flattering is much too tedious to hold his attention.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Rick C
2021-04-08 23:49:46 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Journalism is in a sad state. ...
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and BBC come to mind.
It depends on what you're looking for.
WashPost is paywalled, as is WSJ. BBC is OK but boring.
The Post is not paywalled. I access it fine and never sent them a dime. My ad blocker stops the ads and they sometimes put up a banner about that, but I use reader view in Firefox and have no issues.

Here's an important article, but it's is COVID related. So maybe you consider that non-news.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/percent-of-us-population-vaccinated/2021/04/08/034be0aa-971a-11eb-8f0a-3384cf4fb399_story.html
Post by whit3rd
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
Repeating the same lame stories thousands of times isn't my idea of
news.
How about new stories about ongoing topics like the one above?

John Doe
2021-04-08 14:25:36 UTC
This thread was nothing to do with partisanship.

This is an ultra-reactionary cannibal leftist propagation tool...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman
2021-04-08 15:04:21 UTC
Post by John Doe
--
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Journalism is in a sad state. ...
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and BBC come to mind.
It depends on what you're looking for.
Post by j***@highlandsniptechnology.com
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
If you want to leave out major concerns (pandemics, life-on-Earth-altering climatic shifts,
and social engagement) then... you aren't looking for news as I understand the term.
This thread was nothing to do with partisanship.
The subject line is "OT: Fox News, before and after the election..."
Fox News is famously partisan. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who does support conservative political points of view and conservative politicians
Post by John Doe
This is an ultra-reactionary cannibal leftist propagation tool...
Make up your mind (or what's left of it). Leftist's aren't reactionary. The right wing in politics is usually conservative - slowing down progress, but some of them are actively reactionary, trying to reverse any advances that might have been made.

Cannibalism isn't actually political - there's bipartisan agreement that eating people is wrong.

John Doe isn't actually sane, so the only point in spelling this out to it make it clear how lunatic his comments are.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
bitrex
2021-04-08 12:58:40 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Where is good, honest news?
Preferably about something other than covid, race, or global warming.
<https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/04/06/lying-is-as-american-as-cherry-pie/>

"A few weeks ago, someone going as “R. Tillman” spent a chunk of change
to place a small add in The New York Times saying that “LYING IS
UN-AMERICAN.”

I had to laugh..."
John Doe
2021-04-08 14:20:01 UTC
Post by whit3rd
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point.
But of course it is.
Post by whit3rd
There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too,
Hopefully you don't mean like MSNBC. Search MSNBC's YouTube channel for
(Michael Avenatti) and you will find about 100 videos illustrating John's
point. Michael Avenatti was the cannibal left's Crown Prince, their Trump
Slayer, for many MONTHS. Now he's awaiting a multiyear sentence for extortion
from Nike. He's also on another trial for EMBEZZLING money from, of all
people, Stormy Daniels and a paraplegic.
Post by whit3rd
if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
You mean getting it from sources that feed your bias.

Verification is the only way to avoid being fooled like a sheep. There are
plenty of easily available sources nowadays, there is no need to trust the
one-way media anymore. That's one of their problems, their power has been
greatly diminished.
whit3rd
2021-04-09 23:42:22 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by whit3rd
There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too,
if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
You mean getting it from sources that feed your bias.
No, actually I mean news coverage that checks out against either primary
sources or at least a variety of others. Don't look for controversy, shun
'opinion' dramatics. And, discount any outlet that was wrong last year, but
didn't publish any retractions.
John Doe
2021-04-10 00:50:48 UTC
Nonsense. The Washington Post is extremely partisan.
It's part of the Deep State.
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
D***@decadence.org
2021-04-10 05:22:15 UTC
Post by John Doe
Nonsense. The Washington Post is extremely partisan.
It's part of the Deep State.
John Doe is extremely stupid.
He is part of the deep TrumpTardation.
Bill Sloman
2021-04-10 05:29:45 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by whit3rd
There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too,
if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
You mean getting it from sources that feed your bias.
No, actually I mean news coverage that checks out against either primary
sources or at least a variety of others. Don't look for controversy, shun
'opinion' dramatics. And, discount any outlet that was wrong last year, but
didn't publish any retractions.
Nonsense. The Washington Post is extremely partisan. It's part of the Deep State.
John Doe is exposing his delusions again. The Washington Post is extremely partisan from John Doe's extremely partisan point of view.

It fails to take seriously all the nonsense that John Doe avidly accepts - which does include believing that there's any kind of Deep State.

Look at from any remotely sane point of view, the Washington Post reflects a middle-of-the road consensus.

John Doe seems to share Cursitor Doom's enthusiasm for rabidly right-wing conspiracy theories, and rejects any media that don't make their money out of serving this rather narrow market.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Flyguy
2021-04-10 17:19:38 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by whit3rd
[...]
Hey SL0WMAN, the WAPO is "middle of the road" ONLY to FAR LEFT socialists such as yourself that believe crap like the only difference between boys and girls is a social convention. The "media" is heavily biased towards Dems, the WAPO just even more so. The bias is easily measured by, among other means, who these so-called reporters donate to. After all, if you give a candidate money you are showing your support in a very meaningful way. Well, the answer is very clear: the media HEAVILY supports Dems:
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Do_97_percent_of_journalist_donations_go_to_Democrats
NINETY SIX PERCENT supported Shrillary vs Trump.
whit3rd
2021-04-11 00:17:48 UTC
Post by Flyguy
Nonsense. The Washington Post is extremely partisan. It's part of the Deep State.
John Doe is exposing his delusions again. The Washington Post is extremely partisan from John Doe's extremely partisan point of view.
It fails to take seriously all the nonsense that John Doe avidly accepts - which does include believing that there's any kind of Deep State.
Look at from any remotely sane point of view, the Washington Post reflects a middle-of-the road consensus.
John Doe seems to share Cursitor Doom's enthusiasm for rabidly right-wing conspiracy theories, and rejects any media that don't make their money out of serving this rather narrow market.
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Do_97_percent_of_journalist_donations_go_to_Democrats
NINETY SIX PERCENT supported Shrillary vs Trump.
Yeah, communicators prefer polite and informative persons over rude liars.

Heck, a majority of our legislators, both branches, thought the Stop the Steal lie
was not respectable. That branch of government is obviously the Deep State? I think
the Deep State lie is a bit worn out; it's past time to retire it.
John Doe
2021-04-11 04:19:52 UTC
There is PLENTY of evidence of the Deep State's existence.

Ronald Reagan pointed it out in 1975 on Johnny Carson.

The Deep State was talked about as early as the 50s, by Dwight Eisenhower.

Searching Google for "Dwight Eisenhower" "Deep State" (both in quotes)
produces 73,100 results.

At least 93% of Washington DC residents voted for Joseph Biden, they
always vote for the Democrat, the Deep State's political party. That's why
Democrats of course want to make DC into the 51st state.

"The Deep State from A to Z" a.k.a. "The Deep State for Dummies" can be
found on Judicial Watch's YouTube channel...

The first four minutes provide an easy to understand definition of the
Deep State.

Understanding what the Deep State is helps one understand why term limits
are not the solution. Our problem is not elected officials, it is
entrenched bureaucrats. Disempowering elected officials would further
empower the entrenched bureaucrats. What we need is a constitutional
convention. But the pushback against organizing a constitutional
convention would make Deep State attacks on Donald Trump look gentle.
There are many antiquated provisions in our Constitution that require
updating.

Deep State Deniers are non-scientist partisan blind zealots...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman
2021-04-11 05:30:45 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by Flyguy
[...]
Ronald Reagan's delusions aren't evidence of anything.
Post by John Doe
The Deep State was talked about as early as the 50s, by Dwight Eisenhower.
He talked about the military-industrial-complex which isn't remotely the same thing.
Post by John Doe
Searching Google for "Dwight Eisenhower" "Deep State" (both in quotes)
produces 73,100 results.
Basically right-wing lunatics trying to claim that Eisenhower's "military-industrial-complex" is the same thing as the Deep State, and a few - saner - people pointing out that it isn't.
Post by John Doe
At least 93% of Washington DC residents voted for Joseph Biden, they always vote for the Democrat, the Deep State's political party. That's why Democrats of course want to make DC into the 51st state.
If the Democratic Party was the Deep State, there wouldn't be anything deep or secret about it. 93% of Washington residents probably voted against Trump because they'd had a chance to see the lying thug close up, and didn't like him
Post by John Doe
"The Deep State from A to Z" a.k.a. "The Deep State for Dummies" can be found on Judicial Watch's YouTube channel...
<snipped the usual right-wing propaganda from one more bunch of rabid right-wing dummies>
Post by John Doe
The first four minutes provide an easy to understand definition of the Deep State.
Misleading, but easy to understand.
Post by John Doe
Understanding what the Deep State is helps one understand why term limits are not the solution. Our problem is not elected officials, it is entrenched bureaucrats.
That's the problem that right-wing lunatics like John Doe want to see. The problem they've actually got is a deep disconnection from the real world.
Post by John Doe
Disempowering elected officials would further empower the entrenched bureaucrats. What we need is a constitutional convention. But the pushback against organizing a constitutional convention would make Deep State attacks on Donald Trump look gentle.
John Doe fancies himself as a prophet.
Post by John Doe
There are many antiquated provisions in our Constitution that require updating.
Too true.
Post by John Doe
Deep State Deniers are non-scientist partisan blind zealots...
But Deep State enthusiasts seem to be blind the need for evidence to support their bizarre ideas, which would make them non-scientists too, and they are all blindly partisan right-wing zealots. At best this would be the pot calling the kettle black. John Doe seems to be closer to clinically insane than merely partisan, and believing in the Deep State seems to fall very little short of hearing voices and having hallucinations.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
whit3rd
2021-04-11 05:36:14 UTC
Post by John Doe
There is PLENTY of evidence of the Deep State's existence.
So, where's the member list? Where's the communication that holds
these apparently unrelated persons and groups together?
What are their common goals, and/or principles?

I'm getting the feeling that there's a witchhunt in store if the Deep State
lie doesn't get some negative feedback. It sounds like a "THEM" scare
tactic, not a rogue state-like entity, is the base idea here.

Not an effective tactic, though. I'll see real evidence before I frighten.
John Doe
2021-04-11 06:07:11 UTC
If the partisan zealot had an open mind, it would have opened
the link I provided where its questions are answered...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman
2021-04-11 06:19:43 UTC
Post by John Doe
There is PLENTY of evidence of the Deep State's existence.
So, where's the member list? Where's the communication that holds
these apparently unrelated persons and groups together?
What are their common goals, and/or principles?
I'm getting the feeling that there's a witch hunt in store if the Deep State
lie doesn't get some negative feedback. It sounds like a "THEM" scare
tactic, not a rogue state-like entity, is the base idea here.
Not an effective tactic, though. I'll see real evidence before I frighten.
If the partisan zealot had an open mind, it would have opened the link I provided where its questions are answered...
The only partisan zealot here is John Doe, and his link would just have provided more partisan zealotry.

We've all been exposed to John Doe's all-too-open mind, and the last thing any of us want is even more of the twaddle that he imagines provides useful answers to questions that nobody in their right mind would bother asking.

Once you've got a lunatic banging on about one of his lunatic obsessions, the best thing to do is ignore him completely. With a persistent lunatic like John Doe this does take superhuman self-control, but I am working on it.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2021-04-11 08:01:41 UTC
"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)

Nothing this clown says can be taken seriously...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Bill Sloman
2021-04-11 04:09:51 UTC
Post by Flyguy
--
Post by John Doe
Post by whit3rd
[...]
As I said, looked at from any remotely sane point of view, the Washington Post reflects a middle-of-the road consensus.

Flyguy isn't remotely sane.
Post by Flyguy
The "media" is heavily biased towards Dems, the WAPO just even more so.
Actually, not as heavily biased against Democrats as lunatics like John Doe and Flyguy would like them to be.
Post by Flyguy
The bias is easily measured by, among other means, who these so-called reporters donate to.
After all, if you give a candidate money you are showing your support in a very meaningful way.
The reporters may have been generous in support of the Democrats. It's the people who own and control the newspapers that determine who the newspapers support.
Rupert Murdoch seems to love Republicans (or at least their money).
Post by Flyguy
https://ballotpedia.org/Fact_check/Do_97_percent_of_journalist_donations_go_to_Democrats
Since the Koch brother's astro-turfed the Republican party with the Tea Party Movement, there was really no need for anybody else to give them money.
This left the Republican Party in need of candidates who could appeal to anybody except rabidly right wing billioniares - a gap Donald Trump exploited when he became their candidate for president in 2016. The problem seems to have persisted.
Post by Flyguy
NINETY SIX PERCENT supported Shrillary vs Trump.
As anybody sane would have done. Trump was a crook and a liar, and an obviously nasty piece of work. He lost the popular vote by some two million votes, but a certain amount of Russian propaganda in what turned out to be the three crucial states gave him the 80,000-odd votes that he needed to win the electoral college vote.

If he'd lost it's possible that many fewer American might have died of Covid-19. The US has lost 1,731 per million to Covid-19, so far. Taiwan has lost 0.4 per million.
Taiwan had an organisation devoted to looking out for early signs of an epidemic, and it reacted to the news about Covid-19 with early and effective action.

Obama and Biden has set up a similar group in the US to do the same job, and one of Trump's first acts was to dismantle it.
Bill Sloman, Sydney
John Doe
2021-04-11 04:23:19 UTC
"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)

Bozo the Clown...
--
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Bill Sloman, Sydney
George Herold
2021-04-08 23:30:33 UTC
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Is the NYT real news? I choke listening to npr... I use to send them money.

George H.
John Larkin
2021-04-09 00:28:57 UTC
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 16:30:33 -0700 (PDT), George Herold
Post by George Herold
Post by John Larkin
Journalism is in a sad state. It's mostly advocacy, snark, fads, and
dishonesty. It's all about power.
Not a valid point. There may be a lot of sloppy or sensational journalism-like
entities, but there's real news, too, if you exercise some selectivity and judgment.
Is the NYT real news? I choke listening to npr... I use to send them money.
Mo gets the Sunday NYT. I don't read it any more. Lately it's all
race, race, and race in every section. They compulse on one subject at
a time.

NPR is the same, all climate change, then all virus, now all race, on
all stations. The one constant is smugness.
Rick C
2021-04-08 23:33:33 UTC
Post by John Doe
[...]
Sounds like Larkin...